Thread: My open letter to Nissan Canada.

Thanks

My open letter to Nissan Canada.

Nissan,

I gotta ask.

At 25000km, a wheel bearing. I'm understanding. Not a big deal. Not every part is going to be absolutely perfect every time. $300 for a bearing, 2 hours of labor, and a nice rental car for the weekend- Thank you by the way. It was quite nice. Probably a half a grand to have that fixed.

At 35000km, a complete engine replacement and replacement a missing heat shield that fell off. I'm starting to loose a bit of confidence. Im not sure what a crate engine costs, but my guess is around $4-5000 when you put the 10 hours labor at $100 an hour on it.

Dealership badgers me every time I go in for an oil change, with extra parts that my car didn't come with initially. I make them put a note to file not to try to upsel me. They tell me that you tell them to do that. I find it weird that when customer satisfaction surveys come in the dealership begs for a perfect score- even to the point that my owners manual pamphlet has stickers to call them first before marking them down. Maybe you guys need to do some secret shopper research.

After 1 year of ownership, My little $14,300 car has cost you quite a bit of money in warranty repairs my friends. I figure about $6500 bucks in warranty repairs.

I convinced my wife to get a versa. I used my credit to get a loyalty bonus, plus a veteran's discount. Never missed a payment. You denied me.

I went 2km away to the nearest Volkswagen dealership and we got her a 2015 Jetta, which was more expensive then the versa with a zero % interest rate. Guess my credit was good enough for them. You lost out on another $28,000.

I've lost confidence in the leadership of Nissan.

Yours,

Anonymous.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (08-30-2015),L1ghtninchris (09-04-2015),LilGeckos (08-30-2015),micrapolis (09-02-2015),ptbo micra (08-29-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Definitely sucks all the junk you've been through with the car. Let us know if you get a reply!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I convinced my wife to get a versa. I used my credit to get a loyalty bonus, plus a veteran's discount. Never missed a payment. You denied me.

I went 2km away to the nearest Volkswagen dealership and we got her a 2015 Jetta
    You come across as a level-headed guy, and the proof is: despite the issues you had with the Micra, you were willing to give them more business.

I wonder if it was just a computer program that spat out the "NOPE" when they plugged in your numbers. Regardless, it's Nissan's loss. VW's gain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I would assume so. Most loan places seem to have an algorithm that spits out a yay or nay. It would be nice to hear from Nissan. Although no response is required. I am one out of probably.. well. Thousands upon thousands of Nissan owners each year. Even if they take this, add it to the pile and analyze it for trends later on and act on what they find, then I would be satisfied.

Maybe with all the parts changed on the micra, this will be the last of the bugs worked out of the thing and for all I know, it might not have any weird issues ever again. I hope not. Free oil changes for the car's warranty period would be great. XD

(They could always replace it with an SR. Lol)
    Last edited by Howie; 08-31-2015 at 10:35 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

The problem with Nissan isnt Carlos Ghosn but Nissan canada ( sometimes ), more often then not though its the dealership.
    They are franchises, and the bottom line is profit. Of coarse they arent going to just throw new engines in every car that makes a noise. Once it became obvisous they did. My family has been buying datsun/nissan since the 1972 240z. Weve had pathfinders 1994&2001, maxima 1997, nissan skyline 1991R32gtst, nissan / impul R33Rgts25t1994, R34 Gtt, nissan pulsar nx1600 1990&1994, infiniti I30, 1988 280zx. My dad and step mom work for nissan. I have worked for nissan. So Ive driven just about every nissan/infiniti there is. Regardless of the changes carlos made most dealers are out to make a buck and their game is finance and service.

Yes it was dumb that they didnt honour the discounts and give a better rate. That was their lose. If you walked into another nissan and spoke with the manager or a smart salesman they should have sold you a car. For that im sorry. I myself have problems with their service. but its pretty standard this days. Thats why I work on my own cars.

It has been a pity you went through all this.

I hope your new engine and VW serve you well

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    yea it's really the dealers (sorry, $tealerships) that are the main issue.

mandatory
    franchise laws are so bad....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    The problem with Nissan isnt Carlos Ghosn but Nissan canada ( sometimes ), more often then not though its the dealership.
    Unfortunately true. $tealerships try to gauge anyone they can, if not the customer, the manufacturer. Heck, if they can manage getting you back 3 times instead of once, without loosing you, they will because each visit is paid by Nissan Canada.

Sad, but true. They should align the franchises with the same rewards as the manufacturer. The current model just has flaws. If both had the same incentives (just for a second, imagine if a law forced them to pay us when under warranty work had to be done), I bet they would try to find the best resolutions quickly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    yep, and lest we forget, dealers make money from servicing your car, and from upselling you. They barely make any money (and sometmies lose it) from SELLING new cars, and of course from fixing your car under warranty. And it is in their financial interest to only stock the most common models and trims, and try to convince you they're the best/only option for you.

With that kind of business model, we should not be shocked they are what they are.