Thread: Battery relocation

Thanks

Battery relocation

Relocating the battery has suddenly become a priority for me. If anyone has any thoughts on here please post them.

Pc680 AMG with password JDM battery tray (garage16.ca) and 8gauge wire.
    Mount in the trunk ( hatch ) on the left side. Might have to make a hole and seal it with a gromit as i havent yet found a factory one.
    Run the wire under the car ( wrapped in that blak plastic stuff) then up into the engine bay to meet the stock connectors.

http://garage16.ca/password-jdm/pass...r/g-53789.aspx

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=1440423596070

http://garage16.ca/moroso-/moroso-ba...s/g-51097.aspx

Pc680 weights only 15lbs, cranks out 680 cca for 5seconds and can be mounted flat or vertical, military grade drycell.
    All sorts of awesome
    Last edited by IMPUL; 08-24-2015 at 09:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Pete (08-24-2015)

Thanks
    That PC 680 is a nice piece at a nice price. I am trying to avoid mounting anything in the hatch if possible. I have lots of welding cable and when I have relocated batteries in the past I used the cable connectors and quick disconnects from the lift trucks here at work and would like to do the same this time if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That PC 680 is a nice piece at a nice price. I am trying to avoid mounting anything in the hatch if possible. I have lots of welding cable and when I have relocated batteries in the past I used the cable connectors and quick disconnects from the lift trucks here at work and would like to do the same this time if possible.
    so if not the rear, then where? obvly out of the engine bay. roof rack mount? lmao.

mount it flat under the passenger seat ? route the line under the plastic kick plate and into the engine bay.
    glove box, and Im actually serious about this. then you could easily wire a kill switch in the dash.

theres also room under the hatch floor, just remove some Styrofoam and made a spot. theres on spot that I use for my "just-in-time" $4 tire pump. if you made it a bit bigger then it would fit a pc680 battery.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Im not sure where yet. I want to take that cover off that is ahead of the shifter and cup holders but I have my doubts if it would fit there. Under the seat,glove box and under the tools/jack all quite possible.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Unless I missed something why are you re-locating the battery. Not much room in the interior to begin with.

Not trying to be rude just trying to understand that's all...peace

Thanks
    Ancient Japanese secret!!! No just kidding I plan to take full advantage of the huge cold air box hidden behind the bumper skin! The cats outta the bag! The micra uses this air box in the stock form to a certain extent but I am going to to make a true cold air intake that I hope will put both the injen intake for the versa and the micra cup short ram to shame as far as the old azz dyno is concerned. I will post a how to and pics when I am finished.Step one relocate the battery.

Attached Images Attached Images