Thread: How to remove a phone from the bar bluetooth?

Thanks

How to remove a phone from the bar bluetooth?

HI,

I am going nuts here. I made corrections to my iphone 5 phonebook and the car does not reflect this. It's very anoying. I can't add entries, I can't delete the phone and start new.

damn this thing. How do I delete a phone from the car? When I say add en entry, it just wait for the phone to send it and my iphone does not support that, so the car bluetooth just wait and wait and wait and then quit.

When I say add an entry, it list the available phone number and wait for a command but none of the command I say is recognized. I tried ''store'' as said in the manual but that does not work. what the heck?

I just wish I could simply delete the phone and start new!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Ok I managed to get it done. I hadded another phone, then the system gave me the option to delete a phone and I could delete both and add my phone and they phonebook updated.

geeezzz what a pain. I don't know why it did not give me the option to delete the phone before I tried to add another one. All that was available was to transfer a phone or add a new one and when I was trying to add the same phone it told me it was already in the settings. Good thing I had my older phone still!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I never used the Bluetooth feature of the car yet. You needed a second phone to delete the first one?

Thanks
    Yes because if I tried to reconnect my phone it was just saying that it was already in the system, but it never gave me the option to delete it. When I added another phone, it gave me the option to delete the first one, and I could delete both of them and finaly add my phone and get the new phonebook in.

It would not update the phonebook at all and I had to delete the phone and that deleted the phonebook associated with the phone as well. This means that every time I will want to make changes to my phone book and have the car reflect this, I will have to delete the phone and add it back. I don't know if next time I will have to add another phone to be able to delete them. This is insane. Why does it not simply update the phonebook when ever my phone connect?

It's really anoying because the voice command it based on that phonebook and if it does not reflect what's in my phone, then I cannot make a phone call using that function unless I specify the full phone number and that's really a long process.

And what's up with the wrong instructions in the car booklet? It says that to add an entry in the phonebook you have to choose transfer an entry and that the system will wait for you to say the name of that new contact but it just jam there and does not ask for anything. Very buggy system.

There is no such thing as add a new entry! and transfer does not work. The instructions says:

When prompted by the system, say the name you would like to give the new entry...

but it never prompt for anything, it just keep waiting and then quit.

Quote Originally Posted by LilGeckos View Post
    I never used the Bluetooth feature of the car yet. You needed a second phone to delete the first one?
    Last edited by dani3d; 08-24-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Problem I have with my iPhone 4s is that everything works fine except for the contact list. I can only go through name by name, it does not recognize when I say the name. Called Nissa/Bluetooth of they say its the car is not up to date with phone tech...ios 8.2.

Thanks
    mine works great with BB10

Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18