Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Autoweek wants to know if Americans would buy a $9100 Nissan Micra

Thanks

Poll: Autoweek wants to know if Americans would buy a $9100 Nissan Micra

After getting a couple of minor facts wrong in an article about the 2015 Micra, Autoweek asks its American audience:

Would you buy a Nissan Micra? (For $9100 USD?)

Vote in their poll:

Article:

See also:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Woo, nice find Darin! I voted yes.

Thanks
    Voted Yes!!!
    I wish we had them already here in the US.

Thanks
    Voted yes. Poll seems to be in favor, but I wonder how many people voted from here...lol

It's definitely the bargain, but I wonder if the US would be as excited for it. I know Ford is trying to create a "Movement" witht he Fiesta, but I am not sure if it's catching on.

Thanks
    If the stats of the poll are correct, 5 of the poll's visitors came from this site. There's a "stats" button/link at the bottom right of the poll widget.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I voted, and then remembered I'm not an American.

So in stereotypical Canadian fashion, I now apologize: sorry for corrupting your democratic process.

But nobody asked me for proof of citizenship before voting! Might want to do something about that, America.

Thanks
    I voted yes.

I have never bought a new car. The newest car I ever bought was five years old, most are 10-30 years old. Even if the Micra came to the states, I probably still would not buy a new one, though I would be tempted...

But there is a strong likelihood of buying a used one after a year or two. Which, for me, is basically buying a new car.

Thanks
    Same here: have never bought a new car and probably won't.

We have to encourage some people to buy the new ones though, so we have something used to buy in a few years!

Thanks
    The poll stats show two visits from Smyrna, TN. Coincidentally, that's where you'll find the headquarters of Nissan USA.

I wonder which way they're voting...

Thanks
    I voted yes.

Before hearing about the Micra and seeing how low the cost of ownership is, I would have said the Prius C would be the best bang-for-your-buck car and one of the few I would consider buying new. They're about $20k, get great mileage, and are nicely equipped (but isn't every car these days?). But the super low purchase price of the Mirca makes it a no-brainer if you want a new car with probably the lowest cost of ownership available. Even if you only get 30MPG in the Micra and would get 60MPG in the C, it would take 170k miles for the C to break even (at $3.50 a gallon, would still be 120k miles if gas jumped to $5 a gallon).

I've seriously considered buying a new car a few times, but always ended up going used. The Micra could change that if they bring it to the US.