Thread: Got my manual Micra SV today!

Thanks

Got my manual Micra SV today!

Hello from Kitchener!

Picked up my SV today, Caspian Sea colour. My previous car was a bright blue 2005 Toyota Echo hatchback which I happily drove for 10 years with no problems. Hoping the Nissan gives me a similar experience.

I have Ixion IX002 rims for the Micra but I haven't got them installed yet. I'm going to use the factory tires with the alloy rims, and then get winter tires to put on the factory rims.

Check out my Garage for some photos of my new car!

Thanks
    Hey, congrats!

Did you trade your Echo on the Micra, or sell it yourself, or...?

I didn't know there was a non-SR type accessory spoiler available. Thanks for posting the pics.

And post pics when the wheels are on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The dealer offered me $1000 for a trade-in (they just sell it to a wholesaler) so I sold my Echo privately for $3500. It was in great shape (142000 km) so it sold pretty quickly at that price. I was just happy to get about 3X what I would have gotten on a trade-in, and it wasn't much work/cost to sell it (there were no issues found during the Safety and e-test).

I was originally going to get the SR but at the time Nissan had a $1750 rebate on the SV for a cash purchase, and only $500 on the SR. This meant the after-tax price gap was pretty big between the two (over $3000). So I decided to get the convenience package, spoiler, chrome exhaust finisher ($50), and I bought my own alloy wheels (about $500) from Canada Wheels. I'm still below the price of the SR and I have all the features I care about. And I would have had to buy steel rims for winter for the SR anyway.

Of course now it looks like they are giving a bigger discount on the SR which would make it a closer call. But I'm happy with my choice.