Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What changes can we expect in the 2016 Micra?

Thanks

What changes can we expect in the 2016 Micra?

Name:  $$$micra2016.jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  54.5 KB

Anybody seen any ads for a 2016 Micra yet?

It's got to be coming out in the next month or so. There are already a few other 2016 Nissan models for sale.

I'm wondering what they have up their sleeve in terms of revisions/new features.

Year to year changes are usually fairly minor and usually cosmetic -- stuff like paint colours, interior materials, a few new bells & whistles. We can dream of revised gearing in the manual, but that ain't gonna happen. (Thread: What 3 things do you wish Nissan had done to make your Micra better? &nbsp

Nissan has been really clever at keeping the marketing pot bubbling for the Micra. I suspect the 2016 is part of the plan to keep the good media reviews coming.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257BE3002872A1

So from what i can see, 2016 will have interiorupdates, and tuning.
    109hp ^ to 111hp ( +2 ) and top speed of 191km/h (+11km/h)

Some where between the sway and the current design is what the 2017 k14 mk5 march/micra will look like.
    It totally wouldnt surprise me if they made it a hybrid. So they could up the tq and hp and keep or reduce fuel consumption. The gtr is getting a electric hybrid in 2017 and nissan annouced 12 hybrid products will be coming soon.

But the juke and micra are deffinitely moving away from the cute bubble bug eyed look for a more aggressive and sleek european sports car look.

If its a all gas model and still mostly the same ( mechanically ) I might be flipping into a new micra in 2017
    Attached Images Attached Images    

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You think we're getting engine changes?

I interpreted that as what was coming in the next gen (K14) car. I have a feeling Canada is going to be getting the K13, with the same drivetrain, for several years after the K14 becomes available overseas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

I think the first 2 years ( 2015-2016) will be the same.
    2017 i think will be the first canadian facelift. But same engine.
    Im basing this on the fact that I havent heard of a "new" engine being built.
    Ecu tuning.. Maybe. Slight head work... Maybe. Total revamp?! Probably not.
    Idx is likely the next new nissan. The pulsar will likely come to canada by 2017.

When the european tuned micra/sway concept becomes a production model it will likely have
    a sportier look, suspension and tuning.. Probably the top of the line model though.

The 2017 model will have to be lighter, stronger and more fuel efficient. Which is why I think hybrid. But the micras whole concept is a barebones, inexpensive gas motor. Electric will just add weight and expensive parts.

Nissan needs their "loss leader"

So the only way that they can cheaply make the car "better" is with tuning and more "vvt" tweeking.
    Kinda like what nissan did with the "NEO" edition engines.

Interior seems to be what they are concentrating on.

With the ads that Ive seen running i wouldnt be surprised if they add "luxury" features that youd
    Find on cars with 4x the price. Like the camry commercial where the bosses daughter drives off in the employees car..
    So stuff like push button start ( doesnt the euro models have this? ) and bluetooth.. Etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm starting to see the 2015 Micra in "year end clearout" type of ads from Nissan. Which means we should be seeing some 2016 news soon enough.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Not to be picky, but here are my 3 wishes for a more owner friendly 2016 Micra.

1) center armrest
    2) bottom center console storage
    3) if the rear bottom seats would fold up

but that's just me...

Usually nov is when "next years" model is released. Im sure our thanksgiving will have the usual flurry of new car commercials

Thanks
    I think it's going to look very similar. It's a new model, so I don't think it will change that soon. Maybe in Europe it's not so new, so not sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It's already there. At least I have that in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by micrampg View Post

1) center armrest

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrampg View Post

1) center armrest
    2) bottom center console storage
    3) if the rear bottom seats would fold up

but that's just me...
    sounds like the Fit