Thread: Locking sound is gone.

Thanks

Locking sound is gone.

Hey all,

This happened to anybody else ?

One day i went to my car and the locking sound when i press the remote wouldn't work.

And it still doesnt,

Anybody knows the fix ? (I am aware that theres a way to deactivate/activate it)

CMM

Thanks
    Can this be deactivated? gosh I will deactivate it as soon as I find out how. I am guessing pressing and holding for a few seconds might do it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Not sure about deactivating it, but if your door or hatch is not fully closed, it wont beep...usually you can see the door, so check the hatch...
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Can this be deactivated? gosh I will deactivate it as soon as I find out how. I am guessing pressing and holding for a few seconds might do it?
    Ask the dealer, when i picked up my car the first day, they actually asked me if i wanted to mute the sqweeek sound

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham18ce View Post
    Not sure about deactivating it, but if your door or hatch is not fully closed, it wont beep...usually you can see the door, so check the hatch...
    All doors and hatch are closed. :/

Thanks
    Push and hold both lock and unlock horn should honk to indicate the horn is on with lock, lights will flash three times to indicate "stealth mode" lights will flash twice to indicate all doors are shut and locked instead of horn
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (07-23-2015),L1ghtninchris (07-24-2015),MetroMPG (11-06-2020)

Thanks
    thanks, I think I will deactivate the sound. It's kind of anoying when getting home late at night.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes i hate the sound too, as a delivery driver i constantly now lock and unlock my car everytime im getting another order, so the sound is gone and so much better no more "beep" lol much better just seeing the lights flash twice

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have the same issue with the sound not working but the car also doesn't lock so make sure it's locked even if the sound didn't go off. I have the same problem if I use the spare key so it's not the key battery im thinking something might be wrong with the wiring because I was standing right in front of the car and pressing lock/unlock and nothing was happening.

Thanks
    Here is a stupid question: how do you hold lock and unlock at the same time when it is a rocker switch?

edit: Wait, nevermind, you mean hold the two buttons on the remote!!! Thanks!!! That worked. You see I had just finished turning off the auto-locking by holding the button on the door panel so I was stuck in door panel mode. THANKS AGAIN! My Micra is so much more stealthy now not beeping or CLUNKING every time you get in or out our exceed 15km/h or just want to lock the doors.

Last edited by NarfBLAST; 10-14-2021 at 11:43 AM. Reason: my brain had turned off