Thread: Nissan Micra car-sharing business in Vancouver, BC

Thanks

Nissan Micra car-sharing business in Vancouver, BC

Hey everyone! Got some big news!

I plan to move to Vancouver, BC in the fall, and unfortunately that means I might have to part with my Candy Apple car... However, I am not parting with the Micra completely, as I would like to start a P2P car-sharing business in the Delta region in the Greater Van area. My fleet will consist of 5-10 Micra SV automatics like the one I have, and/or possibly an additional fleet of Mitsu Mirages!

Also anyone in that area with a Micra that they do not use too often, a good way to make some extra cash is to lend your car out to a P2P company! You could make up to like $1500-2000 month depending on how much your car is rented out.

Thanks
    Interesting! I've heard of this before, but there's nothing like it in my little city.

So you personally will get multiple Micras when you're there? Or you'll just be recruiting Micra owners to participate? Or both?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'd say both! I'll probably have a few of my own, but it would be cool for other people to share their car as well.

I'm looking into what it takes to start up something like this. I don't have any formal business education except for one course I took in University. My family has a big business background though.

There are 4 other car sharing companies in the Metro Van area, but not really any in Delta/Surrey/Langley. That's where my market will be. I plan to just stick with Micras and Mirages so I can offer the best rates. Also plan on a car delivery service so people can literally order a car to their door just like a pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamMurphy94 View Post
    I'd say both! I'll probably have a few of my own, but it would be cool for other people to share their car as well.

I'm looking into what it takes to start up something like this. I don't have any formal business education except for one course I took in University. My family has a big business background though.

There are 4 other car sharing companies in the Metro Van area, but not really any in Delta/Surrey/Langley. That's where my market will be. I plan to just stick with Micras and Mirages so I can offer the best rates. Also plan on a car delivery service so people can literally order a car to their door just like a pizza.
    Well, icbc is really the only area YOU could be profitable
    The insurance here is awful, and all your moneies would go there

Zipcar and such do it here, but they arent rented as often as you think.
    It works in toronto but not in mississauga or surrounding areas.

P2p ... You need an independent inspection between pick ups and drop offs or youll be wasting alot of time on he said she said
    And billing both while they figure whos responsible for dirty or damaged cars will just end up in negative reviews

Maintenance... Cheap, until there is problems.

Gps tracker .. Must have.

Event data recorder- stock in micras

Still get a camera thats hardwired woth batter back up with g sensor.

$5mil liability insurance.

Driver checks for all ride share members.

You dont want a bad driver messing up a non fleet, loaner car. That not even a company car ...

Could you imagine the **** storm of paperwork.

http://www.zipcar.ca/toronto/learn-more?plan_key=odp

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    an automatic improvement over the sorry smart cars !

that said, i second the post above. do your due diligence, op