Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad luck with my Micra

Thanks
    Shame on Anonymous for comparing the legendary Micra to a Prius, of all cars! I'm just going to assume that Anonymous is joking, and the joke's on me for taking him seriously.

It's a Micra, it's tough and light. Take heart; the "Nearly Everlasting Micra" was rear-ended early in life, and lived on to become a high mileage legend. Like yours, it started leaking water, but the owner took care of that.

EDIT: My favourite Micra body style.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Believe me. Im all for the durability of the micra. But above all else. Safety. But It is reassuring to see that a micra can take a hit i n a "Real" world accident. Because those crash tests arent really real world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Name:  March Jan25 2016.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  100.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has had as bad of luck as me. Just hit 8000km and just got rear ended. I also had to get a new windshield at less than 1000km.
    The car held up great getting rear ended though lol.
    I'm sorry to say that I too was rear ended at a red light by a full size pick-up truck at speed. The car was towed to the police station (this is Mexico), and I was taken away in an ambulance. I'm just glad to be alive and able to walk. The base of the spine "grew" a ball the size of a grapefruit within 30 seconds of the impact. Needless to say I thought that I would be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Now I have no car till the dealer and the insurance adjuster determine the repair. BTW, there are no rentals in any policy, your on your own for wheels in the meantime. The truck took off but I was able to record his plate number, however I'm not sure it will result in anything (this is Mexico). The car only had 3,500 km on it!
    Last edited by Ajijic; 01-31-2016 at 10:48 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Oh man another one...sorry to hear about this. I to am happy to be alive after my wreck.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    mine had 3000$ damage nearly no damage to see. my post at that time!http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...y-cursed-Micra

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajijic View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I too was rear ended at a red light by a full size pick-up truck at speed.
    Oh no. I hope you make a full recovery.

Keep us posted what happens.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Oh no. I hope you make a full recovery.

Keep us posted what happens.
    Finally got my car back after 2 months. The insurance in Mexico does not supply a loaner during repairs, so literally under house arrest for the duration of the repair. To add insult to injury, the car was siphoned of all it's fuel, so I couldn't get off the dealers' lot since their was no fuel. I was given a few liters to get me to a gas station, however, they could only pump half a tank. I suspect that there was excessive air in the tank and would not allow more. Time will tell.

Physically, I am still sore and tender, and will have to wait to see if my back heals fully. A hematoma is a nasty thing to experience. I'm still am able to play at my Table Tennis club with some care, after the initial month from the accident.

Name:  March Car Mar 23 2016.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  92.6 KB
    Last edited by Ajijic; 03-23-2016 at 01:53 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ajijic For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (03-23-2016),MetroMPG (03-23-2016),Pete (03-23-2016)

Thanks
    Your car looks good again. It will probably be a while before you are though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilGeckos For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (03-24-2016),Wynter (03-23-2016)

Thanks
    espero q t mejores, amigo

btw, are mexican Marches of a diff quality to Canadian ones? and why is the rear glass so cleanly shattered? that looks pretty bad.

and i cant believe they dont have optional rental policies in Mexican insurance. Do they also not cover for your medical bills?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    espero q t mejores, amigo

btw, are Mexican Marches of a diff quality to Canadian ones? and why is the rear glass so cleanly shattered? that looks pretty bad.

and i cant believe they dont have optional rental policies in Mexican insurance. Do they also not cover for your medical bills?
    Mexican Marches of a diff quality to Canadian ones?

Not that I'm aware of, however they build to the spec of the country they ship to. Your Micras are a better value, i.e. get more options for the cost than we do here.

It was very bad, I still can't get the sound of the shattering glass and the impact out of my head ...safety specs may or may not be the same as the ones in Canada. I was told that the Honda Fit built in Brazil, shipped to Mexico does not have the safety windshield that Canada has, but has a higher ground clearance due to the "topes" (speed bumps) on our roads. Study offers another reason to hate topes.

I'm still checking for an insurance company that will supply a rental policy rider, but the cost may exceed the rental costs! The verdict is still out on the medical bills...time and lot of red tape will determine the outcome.