Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotify on Micra 2015 SR

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Spotify on Micra 2015 SR

Hi all,

I got a brand new 2015 Micra SR with the upgraded radio. I'm trying to use a iPhone 6 with a Spotify premium subscription and I would like to be able to change songs and playlists from the radio as well as the steering wheel controls.

What actually happens is sometimes when I plug it in, it will work for a couple seconds to minutes and then cut the connection. Following this, I can still see what's currently playing but cannot change songs from the radio or steering wheel controls. Only with the iPhone which is far from ideal.

Spotify is the only player that does this. The new Apple Music works fine as well as Google Music. All controls works perfectly.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Welcome to the site.

Thanks
    Afraid I can't help here as I rock the BlackBerry... but I'm sure someone can help.

Congrats on the new SR, don't forget to make a garage entry!
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I would try.. but i cant afford the spotify data.. :/ And.. s models dont have those shiny bits..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (10-11-2023)

Thanks
    Mine always cuts out. the USB isnt the best. Ive tried multiple ipods/iphones. It sucks. The extra $500 for the usb wasnt worth it cus the backup camera isnt useful on a small car. If youve found a new way let us know.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by testadan View Post
    Mine always cuts out. the USB isnt the best. Ive tried multiple ipods/iphones. It sucks. The extra $500 for the usb wasnt worth it cus the backup camera isnt useful on a small car. If youve found a new way let us know.
    Nothing new here ... I'm just using my iPhone controls to change songs. It is mounted on the vents. I did get my SR for the price of a S because of a price error that had to be honoured (Quebec laws) but otherwise I agree with what you said. Save the money and get an pioneer aftermarket unit with carplay, android auto, bluetooth and all the bells and whistles!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I did get my SR for the price of a S because of a price error that had to be honoured
    NICE! Congratulations on that.

Feel free to make a garage entry -- garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    If you want to play Spotify playlists in the car, it is better to download and convert the songs to MP3 format by using TuneSolo Spotify Music Converter, and then connect to the car device via USB, which is more convenient. Plus, you don't need to pay for a Spotify Premium subscription

Thanks
    Maybe you do not need to use a premium Spotify account. You could use DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter to download those songs you need and then connect them to your Micra. In this way, there might not be a gap.

Thanks
    If you want to play Spotify music in your car without lag, the best way is to download the songs to USB and then plug it into the car to play. However, songs downloaded from Spotify with premium account can only be streamed in Spotify. If you can to save songs in USB, you can try Spotify Music Unlocker that can download Spotify songs even without premium account. It can convert the songs to various formats like FLAC, MP3, WAV and M4P.