Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BC Guy Excited About Micra

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

BC Guy Excited About Micra

I just found out about the Micra yesterday. I had never heard anything of it before. Having driven a small, 1980 Datsun 210 as my first car, I have an infinity for smaller, economical cars. The Datsun, when driven correctly, was giving me 35-37 mpg! Amazing for a metal car made in late 70's early 80's. It had sat in my neighbors yard through at least 8 summers and Canadian winters. And then we inherited it with about 25,000 km on it. What a joy!

Since then, and combined with the fact my dad drove back to back small Nissan trucks with fantastic gas mileage and amazing reliability, I have become fond of Nissan's. I was originally looking at the Note, and then saw this in a section called "Future Vehicles" or something to that affect.

I can't believe the price! And because of that fact, this will be my first "new car" purchase. What I hope I get from it is good gas mileage, reliability, and hopefully a comfortable enough drivers seat. I couldn't care less about all the new electronic junk in vehicles. Seems anything electronic is just another thing that can go wrong and cost you a bunch of money when the warranty is over.

Think there's a chance of having them in green? If there is then I'm calling mine the Ninja Turtle!

Thanks
    Welcome, Datsunlover!

Quote Originally Posted by Datsunlover View Post
    It had sat in my neighbors yard through at least 8 summers and Canadian winters. And then we inherited it with about 25,000 km on it. What a joy!
    That's a similar story to my current 1998 Pontiac Firefly: after one year of use, it sat unused (but fortunately inside a garage) for 7 years and then I bought it. Still have it!

I can't believe the price! And because of that fact, this will be my first "new car" purchase.
    Does that mean you're going for the base "S" model? Have you actually put in an order?

Think there's a chance of having them in green? If there is then I'm calling mine the Ninja Turtle!
    I haven't seen a colour list yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome to the site. Its good to see another passionate Micra enthusiast find his way here.

Thanks
    I just found out about the Micra yesterday. I had never heard anything of it before.
    That's crazy, I thought BC was lousy with K10 Micras.

Having driven a small, 1980 Datsun 210 as my first car, I have an infinity for smaller, economical cars. The Datsun, when driven correctly, was giving me 35-37 mpg!
    The new Micra is supposed to get 43 MPG...very good, all things considered.

I can't believe the price! And because of that fact, this will be my first "new car" purchase. What I hope I get from it is good gas mileage, reliability, and hopefully a comfortable enough drivers seat. I couldn't care less about all the new electronic junk in vehicles. Seems anything electronic is just another thing that can go wrong and cost you a bunch of money when the warranty is over.
    Apparently, the bottom level Micra represents a mere 4% of the current production build, so you might want to place your order now. Also, while I once would have agreed with you on the electronic junk in the days when car tape decks would eat our tapes, the modern electronics seem to last well into obsolescence.

Cowabunga dude! Looks like green isn't on the menu; the closest they have is called "Caspian Sea." Not a bad colour, just not a good choice if you're a ninja turtle. http://mymicra.com/?p=205

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-15-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Apparently, the bottom level Micra represents a mere 4% of the current production build
    Ooo - that's good trivia! What's the source?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ooo - that's good trivia! What's the source?
    My salesman, Andrew, at Midway Nissan.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-15-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Datsunlover!

That's a similar story to my current 1998 Pontiac Firefly: after one year of use, it sat unused (but fortunately inside a garage) for 7 years and then I bought it. Still have it!

Does that mean you're going for the base "S" model? Have you actually put in an order?

I haven't seen a colour list yet.

I wrote that before becoming informed of the huge jump from standard to automatic/air conditioning. I'll be getting the one with automatic/air conditioning. The price is still very good though, just not insanely good. I was thinking of buying a note or a Mirage but I read reviews that the Mirage was so gutless that even I might get annoyed by it. So if the Mirca has more pep and still enough room for a big guy like me(6'4), and from what I"ve read this is true, it'll be a great buy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    That's crazy, I thought BC was lousy with K10 Micras.

The new Micra is supposed to get 43 MPG...very good, all things considered.

Cowabunga dude! Looks like green isn't on the menu; the closest they have is called "Caspian Sea." Not a bad colour, just not a good choice if you're a ninja turtle. http://mymicra.com/?p=205
    Maybe its my age but never heard of the Mirca(30). Nobody I know drove one.

Understandable about the colors. As Kermit said, "It's hard being green".

Thanks
    I read reviews that the Mirage was so gutless that even I might get annoyed by it. So if the Mirca has more pep and still enough room for a big guy like me(6'4), and from what I"ve read this is true, it'll be a great buy.
    Micra will definitely have significantly more pep.

The Mirage is probably about the same as your old Datsun (if it had the 1.5L) ... 0-100 km/h in around 11 seconds for the CVT, a touch less for the manual.

But there's no getting around it: the Mirage and Chevy Spark are the slowest cars in this segment.

Thanks
    Hey! Another BC guy here equally as excited. Test drove the GE8 Fit today and wasn't really a memorable experience, and I'm dying to take a look at the Micra when it hits dealers.

If I were to purchase to a Micra, it wouldn't be stock for long. A modest drop, new wheels, intake/exhaust and perhaps a short shift kit would complete the package. Nice and simple.

Speaking of wheels and a drop, I found an image of this lowered Micra on 17x7 +40 or 18x7 +42 OZ Superturismo GTs (I'm assuming those are either of the specs as 4x100 only comes in 17x7 +40 or 18x7 +42). If anyone has anymore information about what it's lowered on, and what the tire specs are, I'd love to know! It looks stunning with larger wheels and a drop!

If only there were higher res images then I could zoom in on the tire markings

It looks 10x better without those dinky 16s.

EDIT: So I answered the question myself. Found an HD video of the Toronto reveal of the Micras with a camera zoomed in on the tire markings.

For those who are wondering, the wheels are OZ Superturismo GT in grigio corsa colour, 18x7 +42 offset on Michelin Pilot Sports 205/40/18ZR. Now if only I could find out what the car was lowered on...

Last edited by Kaoss; 04-26-2014 at 03:42 AM.