Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Washing and Car Washes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    Is this safe for our precious decals?
    Most vinyl products through 3m will carry a 7 year guarantee on fade, and if the decal is installed properly you should have no issue with it peeling off. Again washing by hand is the easiest way to avoid any issues.

SMUTT155

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SMUTT155 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (03-15-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks, I don't want to ruin my Micra-Forum Decals!

I use coin op car washes and only spray my car. The brush will never touch my car.

In the summer I use waterless car wash. For products ... What ever is on sale. Usually around Father's Day ct has autoglym and stuff on sale. I like their rim cleaner. At the same time I grab a stack of micro fiber.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Wynter (03-16-2016)

Thanks
    After seeing Moose's sprayer, I bought one and tried it today. Not bad, had 3 attachment nozzles and one looked like it would have a good spray, reason I chose this version.

Name:  car sprayer.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  12.5 KB

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (03-28-2016)

Thanks
    I think you have to hook it up to a hose, like a pressure washer.

Thanks
    Here is some info on car finish care from one of the best sources I know of:

http://meguiars.ca/how-to/

NEVER USE DISH OR LAUNDRY SOAP since it will strip the wax off the car!

I use a water hose to DRY the car, since it works great at saving time. The hose is simply on a low setting without a nozzle to prevent any spray. A micro cloth and water blade finish the job nicely.

I prefer these particular products:

I wish to state that I have done a lot of research and checked reviews on many products (more than I am willing to admit to) and these are some of the best I found. There are other products that may be slightly better (at outrageous prices) but I found that Meguiar's offers the best results at the best value. However don't take my word for it, you can check out the reviews and results for yourselves...

BTW: I have no connection financially or otherwise with this company.
    Last edited by Ajijic; 03-25-2017 at 12:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This is what I have been washing my cars with for years. I buy it by the gallon at Costco. I dilute it in a bucket of water and use a car brush, rinse and dry with cloth. It's cheap and does an outstanding job. Has never removed any waxing I put on my cars (Turtle Ice) and cleans off road tar, greasy dirt and leaves a nice pine odor. I use this product on all my vehicles including the ride mower. Name:  b62d9e57f9a92ab3cf9062727f912ff6.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  14.5 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy View Post
    This is what I have been washing my cars with for years. I buy it by the gallon at Costco. I dilute it in a bucket of water and use a car brush, rinse and dry with cloth. It's cheap and does an outstanding job. Has never removed any waxing I put on my cars (Turtle Ice) and cleans off road tar, greasy dirt and leaves a nice pine odor. I use this product on all my vehicles including the ride mower. Name:  b62d9e57f9a92ab3cf9062727f912ff6.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  14.5 KB
    You can do as you wish, however, please check the link below:

Q: Can I use Pine-SolŪ to wash a car?

A: We do not recommend using Pine-SolŪ to wash a car, as it could damage the car's finish.

https://pinesol.ca/faq/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Let me be the first to say it does not damage the car's finish. Yes it read "could" but right above that it recommends testing on painted surfaces first. If it read yes it will damage the cars finish I would be concerned but it doesn't. They're just covering there ass when it comes to using the product. As well I am washing a heavily waxed surface. I have tried all those other ***** cleaners and this is what I ended up with. Cheap and works well.

Last edited by eddy; 03-26-2017 at 06:21 PM.