Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My very first BRAND NEW CAR is a 2015 NISSAN MICRA SR!!!

Thanks
    BTW, sorry Mr_Mercenary for hijacking the thread..
    congrats for the new Micra.. it's my first brand new car too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-24-2016)

Thanks
    This Micra is also my first totally 'brand' new car, as my last car had 4K on it when I got it as a gift.

Thanks
    This is my first "new out of the showroom" car also. Everything else I've had was used. Welcome to this site. You will learn much here.

Thanks
    the vast vast majority of Micras i see are SV, including mine, so your SR will def be unique

in fact, i was shocked to find a few stalls over from mine, in my apartment, is another Micra owner! same trim, and even same damn color! and the same rims! fortunately, i know my plate# but still....what a coincidence.

as for the mirage....in defense of CR, they at least review cars less from a 'track beast car' perspective , like most auto journos, and instead from a more DD perspective, which i appreciate.

all that said, the new mirage hopefully will bring more to the table. have you seen the paper specs on the new Spark? holy crap, they're really upping the game! (altho, the engine hp/torque remains lower than my micra....which is sorta disappointing)

Thanks
    My first new car as well. Always said I'd never buy new. Micra changed my mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapor For This Useful Post:

Wynter (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mercenary View Post
    In the end the Nissan Micra won me over with one video. The Nissan Micra Cup. Bought the SR and we've been loving it. Eventually, hunting for add-ons led me to Micra Forum. Cheers!
    That is awesome!

"Race on Sunday, sell on Monday!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know there are people who have drove both like yourself and still prefer the mirage I just can't wrap my head around why?
    I can accept that each car has its merits and charms. In talking with owners I think I understand why people choose one over the other -- different priorities, different subjective tastes. (I have zero trouble understanding why you would never choose a Mirage, Pete. )

A lot of the criticism from "enthusiasts" about the Mirage was valid, and Mitsu knew it. Which is why they have made many changes since it launched (more hp, revised engine mounts, tighter suspension & steering, bigger brakes). But there will still never, ever be a "Mirage Cup".

A lot of them are Americans who did'nt have the micra option.
    ^ This is true. I've said that if the Micra were available in the States I think it would have out-sold the Mirage, just as it has done from day 1 in Canada.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Maybe I should move these hijack posts out of Mr Mercenary's intro thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you really look into saving.. Mirage is a good option... save on gas. As long as you are not in a rush to get anywhere and don't mind driving a vibrating car! Welcome to the site Mr. Mercenary!
    Now that I've had a year to ponder and drive my Micra with its flashy orange RTX rims. I love it, my friends love it, and most importantly my boss and co-workers are jealous.

What's the most ugly you can buy today? The Mitsubishi Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 8.1 L/100 km ... 34.9 mpg (Imp) ... 12.3 km/L ... 29.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Congrats, Mr M!