Thread: How many kilometers/km on your Micra so far? Highest km leaderboard!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I am up to 101,000 k's on Micra#2 and have had only a few issues so far.....

1. valve timing solenoid

2. front brake pads

3.exhaust heat shield

4. Current issues... a wheel speed sensor is intermittent which takes out the abs and stability control. Also there is a CEL on currently which last night sent it into limp mode. Just waiting for my new scan tool to arrive to find out what that is all about.

Honestly for the way I toss and pound this little car around it has held up remarkably well.Like Caspean sea said the front end is still straight and true noise free.

@Duffy49 Did you change your plugs yourself? If so was it a big deal to take the intake off?

#1: camshaft position sensor ?

Thanks

plug change

Quote Originally Posted by aguim View Post
    #1: camshaft position sensor ?
    Hi...I actually had a shop do it because I don't have a garage and it was really cold out, haha. Lots of advice on youtube for DIY.
    I also had a problem with the undercar heatshield that needed tightening. starting to rattle again so under we go to see if we can McGyver it again.

We are at 170K and have to do the front brake pads (did the rotors last fall). We also had a "limp mode" issue this winter, but it was a loose gas cap. Seemed tight but turned out it needed a bit of tapping it to make it engage properly. Reset the engine codes and it is now fine. We did a complete undercoat this fall and new Michelins for the winter...hope to keep the car well past 300K. cheers to all the forum members
    Last edited by duffy49; 02-28-2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: mistake

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duffy49 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-28-2018),Pete (02-28-2018)