Thread: Micra (March) Euro/JDM low profile rear headrest swap

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Micra (March) Euro/JDM low profile rear headrest swap

Hi all,

I bought a pair of the short euro/JDM headrests from a guy on eBay in Australia. They're used, but they look 100% brand new.
    Since I know the first question people are going to ask is how much... I paid $175CDN for both + $50CDN S&H, so about $112.50/ea. all-in. I imagine they're more from the dealership.
    The seats wouldn't go down with the Canadian headrests installed and removing them every time I needed the seats down was driving me nuts...
    The JDM/Euro headrests let the seats fold all the way down, even with the front seats pushed all the way back (nice!).
    The view out of the rear is massively improved as well, I didn't really realize how much of the rear view was restricted by the tall headrests, so that improvement is definitely a welcome bonus.
    I wish Nissan supplied the short headrests in the Canadian Micra from the factory, but I guess they're either trying to save money or there was a Canadian regulation of some kind that forced the decision.
    I don't know the part number for the headrests or a reliable source for them, sorry... Basically, I think you just need to keep an eye on eBay and get lucky.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Here are a bunch of pictures of before and after... Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 03-17-2018 at 12:59 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-16-2018)