I replaced my 4 turn signals with amber LEDs, my parking/stop lights with red LEDs, brake light with a red LED also, and my front parking lights with white LEDs.

I bought them locally with a supplier I knew to have quality products, it's been over a year, and no issues on my part have been found. I have the hyperflashing turn lights "issue", but it never bothered me, as it kinda makes them more attention catching, so I never thought about adding those resistors. I even ran LED main headlight bulbs for a a year, until one of them bite the dust, granted, it was bought elsewhere.

What happened to L1ghtninchris was a disaster, but apparently there was a short involved. You should have theoretical and practical knowledge of whatever system you'd like to mess with, because stuff you might dismiss as not important could have serious repercussions.

Bulb replacement (filament to LED) shouldn't cause any issues, assuming you are using quality LEDs, but I have no experience on how an entirely new light housing, with their own integrated LED modules might go. I'd have to get my hand on it and start poking with a multimeter n stuff.

They look mighty cool IMO, specially the slightly smoked version. Definitely on my once-I-get-enough-disposable-income list.

As with everything you read online, YMMV.