Thread: My very first BRAND NEW CAR is a 2015 NISSAN MICRA SR!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

My very first BRAND NEW CAR is a 2015 NISSAN MICRA SR!!!

I'm 46 years old and my philosophy to save money has been to buy a solid $2000-3000 car every year and then sell it the next year for the same price as I bought it. So for 25+ years, I have had a solid beater for the same original $2000 and I pay insurance on a 10+ year old vehicle. Minus the odd unlucky alternator, fuel pump etc, I have saved a lot of money.

This year everything changed, I have a little one on the way. The latest victim in my line of successions of good used cars is a Ford Explorer. My wife wanted a newer car and I was up to spend for some new tires for the Ford anyway so it was a good time to price out new cars in the new but economical range (under $20,000 or way less). With a competitive field of brand new wooers attempting to wow me, I wound up considering
    -Ford Focus and Fiesta
    -Hyundai Accent and Elantra
    -Toyota Prius and Yaris
    -Kia Rio
    -Mitsubishi Mirage
    -Honda Fit and Civic
    -Dodge Dart
    -Chevrolet Sonic and Spark
    -Nissan Micra

In the end the Nissan Micra won me over with one video. The Nissan Micra Cup. Bought the SR and we've been loving it. Eventually, hunting for add-ons led me to Micra Forum. Cheers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 8.1 L/100 km ... 34.9 mpg (Imp) ... 12.3 km/L ... 29.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Mercenary For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-01-2016),Wynter (03-24-2016)