Thread: My open letter to Nissan Canada.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

My open letter to Nissan Canada.

Nissan,

I gotta ask.

At 25000km, a wheel bearing. I'm understanding. Not a big deal. Not every part is going to be absolutely perfect every time. $300 for a bearing, 2 hours of labor, and a nice rental car for the weekend- Thank you by the way. It was quite nice. Probably a half a grand to have that fixed.

At 35000km, a complete engine replacement and replacement a missing heat shield that fell off. I'm starting to loose a bit of confidence. Im not sure what a crate engine costs, but my guess is around $4-5000 when you put the 10 hours labor at $100 an hour on it.

Dealership badgers me every time I go in for an oil change, with extra parts that my car didn't come with initially. I make them put a note to file not to try to upsel me. They tell me that you tell them to do that. I find it weird that when customer satisfaction surveys come in the dealership begs for a perfect score- even to the point that my owners manual pamphlet has stickers to call them first before marking them down. Maybe you guys need to do some secret shopper research.

After 1 year of ownership, My little $14,300 car has cost you quite a bit of money in warranty repairs my friends. I figure about $6500 bucks in warranty repairs.

I convinced my wife to get a versa. I used my credit to get a loyalty bonus, plus a veteran's discount. Never missed a payment. You denied me.

I went 2km away to the nearest Volkswagen dealership and we got her a 2015 Jetta, which was more expensive then the versa with a zero % interest rate. Guess my credit was good enough for them. You lost out on another $28,000.

I've lost confidence in the leadership of Nissan.

Yours,

Anonymous.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (08-30-2015),L1ghtninchris (09-04-2015),LilGeckos (08-30-2015),micrapolis (09-02-2015),ptbo micra (08-29-2015)