first of all...I freaking love the idea of a 10 grand tin can! I cannot think of a car I would be more proud to show around that a car with wind up windows and no a/c!! And I'm being serious here!

In fact, I've never owned a car with a/c! 2 cars ago, my little 2000 Honda civic didn't have air, and it was never much of an issue. So, when I moved to a fit, I thought it wouldn't matter. But, with the Fit, it did! There is so much more glass in the fit, that it made the car a fair bit hotter inside. There have been a many a day when I regretted the FIT purchase. But, realistically...perhaps 5 days per calendar year. Certainly not worth a few thousand dollars for 5 days per year.

I'm wondering, how are you all finding the heat with the non manual S?

My thoughts are that I'm still wiling to go no a/c...but I think I will insist on a white car this time. It should take the edge off. And I love knowing that I save 3k or thereabouts.

Anyone who is familiar with Honda manuals, how do you find the Micra gear box? Clutch?

One last thing..I think I can get one in Quebec with no freight and PDI...did some or all of you manage to pull this type of deal too?