Thread: The last car with wind-up windows? (Are your Micra's window cranks a novelty?)

Thanks

Question The last car with wind-up windows? (Are your Micra's window cranks a novelty?)

Name:  funny-car-window-handle-old.jpg
Views: 8598
Size:  68.8 KB

A lot of recent reviews of the base Micra S are having fun with the fact it comes with manual wind-up windows.

EG: Review: 2015 Nissan Micra S (5-speed): Long Live the Base Unit Car (Chronicle Herald)

Before we drove off Lisa held spellbound the three young ones when she showed them how to crank down the front windows.

They all had to give it a try. The children had never seen such a convoluted way to raise or lower a car window.

“Hey, what about just pushing a button, Aunt Lisa.”
    Is the Micra possibly the LAST new car to have this feature? (The base Mirage has manual windows in the back seat only, with electric ones up front.)

Has anybody commented on yours yet?

My old Firefly has them. One of my friends' kids got a big kick out of seeing me wind up the window once before I closed the door. "DAD! LOOK AT THAT!" He had to try them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My last two vehicles had them: a '00 focus and '05 echo. My SV feels like a luxury vehicle!

Thanks
    I used to have an old ('64) Pontiac with crank vent windows AND crank regular windows on the front doors. That was fun. Lots of cranks & handles.

Name:  8d8338c393a56f49d4142bea8a5adec3.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  9.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It's high on my list of favourite things about my micro. How many times did I shut off my last car, get out, and see a window down, thus having to get back in, insert the key, and push switch? Way, way too many times. Love my hand crank windows!

Thanks
    After paying 500 to have the power window replaced on my dodge caravan, manual windows were mandatory.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Agreed, nothing makes me lose my **** faster, than for 8 months of the year, I've gotta open the door to get my morning coffee. Manual windows are a must have. I'm not lazy. lol