Thread: Review: 2015 Nissan Micra S (5-speed): Long Live the Base Unit Car (Chronicle Herald)

Thanks

Review: 2015 Nissan Micra S (5-speed): Long Live the Base Unit Car (Chronicle Herald)

Name:  _1-1-amicra.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  60.0 KB

Here we've got another review of the base S Micra with 5-speed.

BTW: Nissan was very clever with the release of the S into press fleets in the last few months. When the car was initially launched a year ago, they only provided up-level SV and SR trims to journalists. Now they're getting a second kick at the can (and lots of press coverage) by sending out a bunch of "ten grand tin cans". Because journalists can't resist trying & writing about the "cheapest car in Canada".

This review really plays up the lack of options: his kids didn't even know what a wind-up window was.

- fewer distractions usually found in modern cars
    - easiest shifter he's used in a long time
    - peppy engine, surprisingly throaty exhaust

Dislikes:

- he doesn't really critique the car at all
    - though he probably would have appreciated cruise control (found his speed crept up to 140!)

Full review: http://thechronicleherald.ca/wheelsn...-base-unit-car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    when i play back my dashcam footage, i can't help but notice the exhaust too.

ppl say it's loud, and maybe it is, but that's a plus for me. at least it's not 'obnoxious' loud