Thread: law suit against Nissan for the not so precise odometer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

law suit against Nissan for the not so precise odometer

I know it's in French, but this article explain the case of a person who went to court against Nissan Canada because his car odometer run lower than it should. And as we all know, this is very true. When I am at 100km/h, my car actually show 95. This not such a big deal except for the mileage under warranty.

They say that when your car is at real 100,000 km, the odometer will display 105,000 to 110,000, which may make a huge difference if something break at 105,000 km and would be passed the warranty allowed mileage but should have still been covered because the real mileage would actually be under 100,000km, so still covered.

I think NIssan Canada should issue a recall for this. It's freaking annoying! When I drive on the highway at 110km, everybody is passing me, even the huge trucks and I think they can't go higher than 105km?

here is the article, only in French but you can use a translation tool:

http://www.protegez-vous.ca/automobi...sommateur.html

Verdict: Nissan Canada a été condamnée à payer 3 000 $, plus les intérêts et les frais de cour.

Nissan Canada had to pay 3,000$ plus fees.

And what about those who rent like me and have an annual limit? It's NOT fair!
    Last edited by dani3d; 05-21-2015 at 01:02 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-21-2015),MetroMPG (05-27-2015)