Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Micra at Ottawa/Gatineau Auto Show (Mar. 20-23) Want any specific info or pics?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Oh, and the above is not necessarily requests for photos, just things I'd look for if I were in your shoes. A lot of this wouldn't necessarily show up in pictures, but would be noticed by looking at the car in person.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Note-ified View Post
    like this?
    Exactly!

I actually like the lines of the front. If the auto show has "special" displays like this, I think it would be good to have posted up for future reference (e.g. "Hey remember the pic with that special XXX on the front?").

Thanks
    Take some images of the info panels / displays you see. They sometimes contain some real interesting info.

Thanks
    I am impatiently awaiting an update.

Thanks
    I'll admit I was a little disappointed -- in the display, but not in the Nissan reps I spoke to.

Why?

There was only one Micra! (Toronto had 5 or 6). And it was a darker blue, away from the windows = not the best light for getting good images. (I'll go through my pics/video this weekend and post them in relevent threads.)

But I did learn a few interesting things from the Nissan folks, and from watching show attendees:

• By around April 15th, Quebec & Ottawa dealers should have cars
      See: 2015 Nissan Micra on sale date / launch / dealer availability: April 2014
    • The Micra on display will go to the local dealer immediately after the show (so, Monday). That's Hunt Club Nissan in Ottawa. Probably into the showroom.
    • I wonder if Nissan should be concerned about the impact of the Micra on Note sales. There were ~4x as many people interested in the Micra than the Note, which was directly behind it!
    • The two most frequently asked questions by attendees: what's the fuel economy, and quality questions along the lines of "how can a $10k car be any good?"
    • No special info on the display placard
    • I didn't see any rear stabilizer bar on this car (had a front one, though)
      See: 2015 Micra K13 factory sway bars / stabilizer bars (pics)
    • Strangest thing I learned: the space saver spare is mounted beneath the back of the car, like a truck's, not inside the floor of the hatchback
      See: Micra spare tire: full size spare or compact? Location?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-21-2014)

Thanks
    Woohoo, thats less than a month away. Great news!

I wonder if the base model won't get sway bars?

Thanks
    (Admin note: split the discussion of the spare tire into a separate thread. That's the kind of info people will be searching for. See: Micra spare tire: full size spare or compact? Location? )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Do the back seats tumble?

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Unfortunately they don't flip/tumble; just the seatbacks fold down.

Not sure why Nissan Canada has been touting our "Canadian market" 60/40 split fold rear seats as something special. The U.K. Micra has split fold + flip/tumble rear seats that make the cargo area much more useful.

Maybe we'll get that at some point.

Thanks
    For the record, the Toronto show had 4 Micra's. Three were "Dolled up" and inaccessible, the fourth was open for the public to climb through, crawl over, and smash the prop rod out of the engine bay because someone thought the hood used struts.

Also, the seat tumble isn't a deal breaker. I don't mind the 60/40 advertising as everyone's doing it, and doesn't compare to certain other auto makers who tout that their steel wheels are "Painted." :/

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...