Thread: FYI: Micra Cup race car uses Note NISMO suspension bits

Thanks

FYI: Micra Cup race car uses Note NISMO suspension bits

Name:  NissanMicraCup-620x264.jpg
Views: 3185
Size:  51.1 KB

Discovered this interesting tidbit in an article about the Micra Cup:

The only parts on a Nissan Micra Cup car that can’t be purchased directly from a dealer are the front brake pads and a NISMO suspension kit.
    But the problem is that Canada's Micra has front & rear stabilizer bars, and apparently this created problems with the JDM March NISMO kit.

Turns out the Note NISMO kit fits the Micra as well, so that's what they're using on the Micra Cup cars.

We’re now building the Micra Cup car with the Note NISMO suspension kit.”
    Source: http://racingnorth.ca/2015/05/12/can...rfect-balance/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Where would one get their hands on a note NISMO suspension kit? Tried searching for a bit, no luck. I'm just considering that the suspension on the stock micra that most of us have is the main thing holding it back from what you said about how they are using that suspension for the cup models, sounding like that might be the biggest problem.

Thanks
    Better off looking for a different brand of note suspension parts. To import the nismo note kit would be co$t a fortune.

Thanks
    ^ I second that. When I had my Dodge, any Mopar parts I got for it were twice as much as a comparable perfomance bit. Case in point. I was fortunate enough to have a Dodge omni GLH. Now It featured these darling shocks made by Koni- at the time they were the crown jewel of the 80's. Go to dodge and you would shell out almost a grand for a set of four. Go to koni directly, mayby 500 when duty was counted in and such.

It was the same story when I had my 06 monte carlo. Any GM Perfomance bits were marked up by double, sometimes as much as 2.5x when compared to even OEM parts.

For the Versa I know these brands make some parts for them- mostly coilovers.

Stillen
    https://www.stillen.com/vehicles/nissan-versa.html

DC sports makes some bits like braces and strut bars.

Versaspeed makes a couple of parts...
    http://shop.versaspeed.com/2nd-Gen-V...m1plqscsfapp03

Andy's autosport sells a ton of stuff..

http://www.andysautosport.com/auto_p...san_versa.html

I have no definitive clue if these bits will work with the micra, and granted that our micra isnt in the US, and a lot of these companies hail from the US, they probably wont be able to tell you if it will or not. But you could probably make it work with minimum tweaking I would figure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Pete (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Side note, I blew the dust off my nismo catalogue..

K13 March S-Tune Suspension kit P/n E3110-1HH0
    E11 Note S-Tune Suspension Kit P/n E3110-BY200
    C11 Tida S-Tune Suspension Kit P/n E3110-1Y00

All of them within a few yen of each other.. 89k Yen is around a grand canadian. The part numbers are very similar so I would think that most of the bits are either shared, or very very similar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Side note, I blew the dust off my nismo catalogue..

K13 March S-Tune Suspension kit P/n E3110-1HH0
    E11 Note S-Tune Suspension Kit P/n E3110-BY200
    C11 Tida S-Tune Suspension Kit P/n E3110-1Y00

All of them within a few yen of each other.. 89k Yen is around a grand canadian. The part numbers are very similar so I would think that most of the bits are either shared, or very very similar.
    Beat me to it eh?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tykes View Post
    Where would one get their hands on a note NISMO suspension kit? Tried searching for a bit, no luck. I'm just considering that the suspension on the stock micra that most of us have is the main thing holding it back from what you said about how they are using that suspension for the cup models, sounding like that might be the biggest problem.
    Jessestreeter.com can buy and ship from japan. But http://www.rhdjapan.com usually has stuff on sale comparable to yahooauctionjapan when you add local ship and service, and better then Nismo list price. But those are 2 ways to buy from a trusted source for Japanese parts. With great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely.

I bought my cusco suspension from rhdjapan.com I saved about $400 off list price.
    Shipping was about $200 for express. I can't remember if there was duty on it. If there was it was like $80

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Name:  NissanMicraCup-620x264.jpg
Views: 3185
Size:  51.1 KB

Discovered this interesting tidbit in an article about the Micra Cup:

But the problem is that Canada's Micra has front & rear stabilizer bars, and apparently this created problems with the JDM March NISMO kit.

Turns out the Note NISMO kit fits the Micra as well, so that's what they're using on the Micra Cup cars.

Source: http://racingnorth.ca/2015/05/12/can...rfect-balance/
    Great find!