Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micra RECALL - plastic bit by gas pedal

Thanks

Micra RECALL - plastic bit by gas pedal

I remember reading here a while ago about the plastic bit by the gas pedal being a possible safety hazard.

I took my car in today for its first oil change, and the very bright young man informed me that there was a recall to have this "repaired." May 7. So if you are on the list, you should receive a notification soon.

SInce mine is there, I'm having it done, even though I have not had a problem with it. I'm not sure if he said it was a 2 hour repair, or in total I would have to leave the car 2 to 2.5 hours, but I'm leaving it overnight so it doesn't matter to me.

patty

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patty For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-12-2015),MetroMPG (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks for posting the news, patty.

FYI for others who haven't seen it yet, this problem is related to...
    Thread: Dangerous: foot getting stuck on plastic near gas pedal - 2015 Micra SV

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That is great news. Good on Nissan for taking care of this instead of letting it become a real (possibly very bad) issue.

Thanks
    I posted a photo on the other thread.

It is a Versa and Micra recall. I may have been their first customer! Didn't ask, but it was just quirky that it worked out that way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I got the recall letter from Nissan Canada today for this problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Ya it's a "volunteery campaign" not an official recall but still good as I've noticed a few times my foot got caught and almost at bad times but managed to pull it out before it's too late, i thought it was just me. I went into the dealership yesterday cause there was rattling near my muffler and turns out the metal sheet surrounding the area a couple clamps are gone and the sheet is loose they are ordering a new one for me and when I went they told me about this and got it fixed here's what it has looks like now.

http://i.imgur.com/wHbj1SW.jpg

edit: i dont understand y it wont attach pictures.

Thanks
    Is this only on the SV models...cause I haven't heard anything from Nissan.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015BlackS View Post
    Is this only on the SV models...cause I haven't heard anything from Nissan.
    Mine is the SR version tho, and the "Voluntary Service Campaign" just says Micra not specific, and there isn't an official Recall and this is what it says on part of it "Nissan believes that the driver is still able to make a smooth and unimpeded transition to the break pedal and there is no risk to safety, but urges you to perform this important service as soon as possible". I've actually had my foot get stuck a few times but luckly i wasnt close to someone or else it could have ended badly since it took me a few seconds to get to the break. I received this notice after i was already at the dealership for an unrelated thing and they told me that there was a "Recall" on the vehicle.

Thanks
    I received my notice for my "S" yesterday.
    Name:  nissan recall.jpg
Views: 2120
Size:  96.5 KB

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BurnabyBlackS For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-03-2015),MetroMPG (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Lawyers are funny:

Nissan believes that the driver is still able to make a smooth and unimpeded transition to the brake pedal and there is no risk to safety, but urges you to perform this important service as soon as possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...