Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sandblasted / chipped rear rocker panel and dogleg (potential rust problem)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I took it to trans canada today after work. They fixed the dog leg with a touch up pen and told me the rockers were damage and I could go through my insurance. So I will take care of it myself. Apparently you have to drive fast for this to happen and I have no idea what they are talking about ;p So dont drive your micras fast or heaven forbid down a gravel road. They also put the protective tape that you can see on the dogleg pic at the beginning of the thread further up.
    Are you joking me they would have said that to me the police would have been there You pay for a brand new car and the paint is wearing off with in a year they tell you to go through your insurance. BS. If they do not fix it totally to my satisfaction **** will hit the fan I promise that. They said they will go above and beyond the dealer said that more or less telling us nissan is not taking responsabilty for a ****ty paint job. They have verbally said they will fix it in front of a freind and my wife and a verbal contract is just as binding in a court of law been there done that

2. The Following User Says Thank You to caspiansea For This Useful Post:

Mike Hideous (05-14-2015)

Thanks
    I phoned Nissan Customer service this morning inquiring as to why they did not get back to the dealership about my paint issue. They took all of my info. pulled up my file and said we will look over and call you back. Well with in a hour and a bit I got a call back they are going to warranty it fully and fix it right. I am now waiting for a booking date. So if you run into this do not take you are driving to fast and you need to call your insurance. No they need to do it right in the first place and now make it right I will post pics of before and after. I am sorry if I came of strong on this but i deal in new sleds every few years and if anybody knows snowmobiles there is warranty issues stuff they try and deny to the bitter end I have had more than one tango with brand new iron. Remember the greasy wheel gets what it needs. As of now Nissan is back on top in my books. 34.000 klicks and not one mechanical issue bloody amazing. I just had my first brake service and filters all changed. I love the fact there is 99.8 per cent chance they can do your oil with out and appointment
    Last edited by caspiansea; 05-14-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks
    Glad to hear it worked out for you. Please do post your before/after pics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Here is a pic of my one side. The other side is the same. But like I said Nissan is coming through. Which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol. I am at 34000 klicks too so id you are low klicks still keep a eye on it. From here on in Krown rustproofing from here on in and mud flaps all around too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Wow for a while there I thought I was the only one as every other micra I checked was clean. Can you remember any time during the winter that you were driving that the municipality or township put salt or sand down on top of an inch or less of snow without plowing? I can remember a couple of times that it was like that for me and since my comute starts at 3:45 a.m. and I travel through many different townships I am often the first one to roll over or one of the first this sand on top of snow. It was like the plow operator didn't feel there was enough snow to warrant dropping the plow just let the salt take care of it type of thing. Anyway my thought is that the worst damage was done during that condition maybe not all of it but 99 percent. Any thoughts on that? No Boyer dealership in Peterborough I was referring to the one in Belleville. I live in Peterpatch but work in Bell Vegas so it's easier for me to hit boyers after work.

Thanks
    I was at the townline mall in Oshawa and came upon a black micra and it was starting on that one too. so yhere will be more as they put the miles on at least ours happened the first winter.

Thanks
    I'm happy I caught it when I did. I can tell by your pic in the bottom left corner beside the bolt that the rib in the metal high spot (low spot actually) is blasted as well. Are all your low spots on these ribs blasted all the way up to the front , as well? Check all of your leading edges of your doors dogleg and rockers after a wash and in direct sunlight if possible then point it all out to them when you take it in. I sure hope they sand all of the rust out before they apply anything it took me a long time to get it ALL. Yeah Krown is awesome at stopping cars from rusting from the inside out but when your paint falls off even Krown can't stop them from rusting from the outside in.

Thanks

plastic rock guard

^ True.

---

Today I happened to notice that an older Yaris has a plastic protector in the same area affecting the Micra. Let me see if I can dig up a pic..

Found one:

Name:  yaris.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  21.0 KB

That piece is a combination drag-reducing wheel spat (the vertical part) plus a horizontal part (harder to see, it appears to just be a line in this photo) that extends forward to cover the slight flare in the rocker panel like the Micra has.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well I went into the dealership to day. I was then sent to a bodyshop where they matched the paint. They are going to hang my passenger door correctly and fix the chips on that too. I am getting a loner car while they do the work. I was told it will be done right. I will have total before and after pictures when all is said and done. Nissan has been very great to deal with. MY dealership's service manager said to us two weeks ago he has not heard from Nissan on the paint issue but they will make it good. Well I did not buy a brand new car just to hear don't worry will make it good. So I got a hold of Nissan they never heard about it long story short there is a new service manager. Weather he found a better job or what I do not know or care I just care that Nissan is a stand behind there product Company. I love my MICRA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm happy I caught it when I did. I can tell by your pic in the bottom left corner beside the bolt that the rib in the metal high spot (low spot actually) is blasted as well. Are all your low spots on these ribs blasted all the way up to the front , as well? Check all of your leading edges of your doors dogleg and rockers after a wash and in direct sunlight if possible then point it all out to them when you take it in. I sure hope they sand all of the rust out before they apply anything it took me a long time to get it ALL. Yeah Krown is awesome at stopping cars from rusting from the inside out but when your paint falls off even Krown can't stop them from rusting from the outside in.
    Yes I noticed that too my friend it is going to a well established auto body shop they looked it all over and told me that they will address it. I will stay on top of it and thank you for bringing it to my attention and no it does not go all the way but I told them if it is weak here it is weak everywhere along the seam as i called it which they agreed it was a piss poor paint job