Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sandblasted / chipped rear rocker panel and dogleg (potential rust problem)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Apparently you have to drive fast for this to happen and I have no idea what they are talking about ;p So dont drive your micras fast or heaven forbid down a gravel road.
    That makes no sense. If that were the case, half the cars on the road would have this issue! I think it's the paint. Too brittle?

They also ran the protective tape that you can see at the bottom of the dogleg further up and recommended mudflaps.
    Good idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    All fixed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-27-2015)

Thanks
    Wow, they installed tape all along the area?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    No its rocker guard that you see under the paint. I ran a tape line about 1 inch up and sanded out everything below it. Then masked off everything else and hit it with two heavy coats of zinc chromate primer then the rocker guard and then two coats of some red I had kicking around that I knew wasn't the same but close to the original A-20 red alert. Peeled off all the tape and paper and done. Now I am getting conflicting info on the mudflaps as Boyer nissan told me today that they are not available yet. Some guy at trans canada nissan said they were. I also ordered the red alert touch up pen today. It is a base clear deal and cost fifteen bucks.
    Last edited by Pete; 04-20-2015 at 09:34 PM. Reason: forgot about the paint pen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (04-21-2015)

Thanks
    Got the Pen for mine, B17 Daytona Blue is the "Metallic Blue"

Thanks
    Yikes! I drive mine on the highway every day, all winter through rock salt and sand, and I'm usually among the "Faster" moving traffic (those of you who travel the 401 understand that it can become the autobahn at times), so I saw your pic and immediately checked my car. Fortunately, no sign of this sort of wear, but then again I ran snow tires all winter. Could it have something to do with the type of tire you're running?

In any case, good idea with the rocker guard paint job, and nice work. I've considered doing something similar.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Im probably getting the rockers and wheel wells and whole underside "line-x'd/rhino lined"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have a feeling this is going to turn into a huge problem for Nissan mine has two huge bald spots right at the dog leg turning brown not rust but ****ty looking. And a chipped rear door on the passenger side the door is not flat with the front door so chips at the back door are present. I also have paint wearing off on the seams wear the spot welds are so everyone who has a micra might want to keep a eye on the dog legs . I do not drive fast I average 5.5 litres to 100 klicks. Nissan is not standing behind from what i can gather and it is the dealer who is stepping up. If they do not do it to my satisfaction I will take them to small claims court and let a judge decide.

Thanks
    I walked up to a random micra in a shopping mall parking lot and it was starting to wear in the same area

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No its rocker guard that you see under the paint. I ran a tape line about 1 inch up and sanded out everything below it. Then masked off everything else and hit it with two heavy coats of zinc chromate primer then the rocker guard and then two coats of some red I had kicking around that I knew wasn't the same but close to the original A-20 red alert. Peeled off all the tape and paper and done. Now I am getting conflicting info on the mudflaps as Boyer nissan told me today that they are not available yet. Some guy at trans canada nissan said they were. I also ordered the red alert touch up pen today. It is a base clear deal and cost fifteen bucks.
    Does \Boyer own a nissan dealership in Peterborough too they have one in Belleville and Kingston.