Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sandblasted / chipped rear rocker panel and dogleg (potential rust problem)

Thanks
    I will show it to nissan tomorrow but I am going to make the repair myself. I want it done right not just covered up and to do that takes time like pretty much all day and I just want to make sure. Maybe I can get a can or two of touch up paint out of nissan.

Thanks
    I just checked a lady here at works micra it is a gun metal grey with 14000 ks and there is none on hers.

Thanks
    Curious to hear what the dealership says.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I took it to trans canada today after work. They fixed the dog leg with a touch up pen and told me the rockers were damage and I could go through my insurance. So I will take care of it myself. Apparently you have to drive fast for this to happen and I have no idea what they are talking about ;p So dont drive your micras fast or heaven forbid down a gravel road. They also put the protective tape that you can see on the dogleg pic at the beginning of the thread further up.
    Last edited by Pete; 04-13-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    I took it to trans canada today after work. They fixed the dog leg with a touch up pen and told me the rockers were damage and I could go through my insurance. So I will take care of it myself. Apparently you have to drive fast for this to happen and I have no idea what they are talking about ;p So dont drive your micras fast or heaven forbid down a gravel road. They also ran the protective tape that you can see at the bottom of the dogleg further up and recommended mudflaps.
    Last edited by Pete; 04-13-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks
    I will look into mudflaps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Mudflaps would surely help some. But based on where my car is blasted the mudflaps would have to nearly scrub the pavement to stop that trajectory as mine is damaged just in front of the rear wheels.

Thanks
    Mudflaps would surely help some. But based on where my car is blasted the mudflaps would have to nearly scrub the pavement to stop that trajectory as mine is damaged just in front of the rear wheels. They have mudflaps for the micra at nissan. Every honda/acura I've ever owned had them I should have got them sooner. The ones at Nissan come with new and longer push pins so it will be a quick installation. First I have to make the repair then I am going with rocker guard or bed liner and then paint over top.

Thanks
    I was in there tonight after work to get me a touch up pen (I have a real nice stone chip in the bonnet) and I was told to bring her in tomorrow to have it looked after. Did they charge you for fixing the dog leg?

Thanks
    No free of charge.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (04-14-2015)