Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micra is most efficient gas vehicle in this year's Eco-Run competition (AJAC)

Thanks
    Just reporting what I saw! Maybe there are differences from car to car.

I'm hoping to borrow a base S 5-speed, and I'll check its accuracy too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes that would be nice to see. It would be nice if people who use the fuel log would also report what their computer report between each fill up. I reset this each time I fuel, so the computer average is from fuel up to fuel up, as this gives a better idea.

I wonder if I could have the dealer fix it so it's closer to the real mileage. I don't like having to compensate 1L/100km each time I check the computer. Hope it will be closer to reality once I put my 16'' wheels back on next week. I also plan on using synthetic oil, so that should improve the mileage noticably.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Are your winter tires a different size? That could contribute to the inaccuracy of your gauge.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My regular magwheels are 16''. I will see how much a difference it makes when I get them back. From what I remember there was about .5 discrepency at first when it got worse with the winter tires and 15'' tires.

The winter Nokkian tires are the size that is recommanded for this car and the rims are the original Micra 15'' rims. Both were bought and installed at my Nissan dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Are your winter tires a different size? That could contribute to the inaccuracy of your gauge.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...