Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scratched side skirt

Thanks
    The only thing I found for the door panels, and the glove box door, is to use a silicon based spray that basically cleans the scratches, make them less visible by having a uniform dark look. The rugged surface make it difficult to stick anything to it. So, there goes the option on putting anything on it. Not sure you'd want that anyway. Cleaning and being careful is probably the only thing...other than driving it in complete darkness. ;-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I would check with your dealer's body shop (or Google) and see if they sell specific sets of protector films for this area of the Micra.

If not, spend a few bucks on a good buff job while you're there (to get rid of those scratches) and then apply 3M or whatever film.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    WHOA! WTH? double post.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The problem is not the inside panels, but the side skirts which are painted white. They come standard with the SR version but you don't have that with the S or SV. I will use 3M paint protection film. It's perfect for this.

My inside panels and dash are still pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    The only thing I found for the door panels, and the glove box door, is to use a silicon based spray that basically cleans the scratches, make them less visible by having a uniform dark look. The rugged surface make it difficult to stick anything to it. So, there goes the option on putting anything on it. Not sure you'd want that anyway. Cleaning and being careful is probably the only thing...other than driving it in complete darkness. ;-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Any updates on this?

Thanks
    I bought the stuff. I just need a warm and nice weekend day to install it. I ended up buying a 24'' x 120'' from ebay, 3M brand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    If it can show up on pictures, it would be great if you can share.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    If it show up on the picture, it would meen that I screwed up the job It's supposed to be invisible to the naked eye.