Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullydog programmer

Thanks
    Nissan's ECU's are pretty smart and do a lot of their own calibrations, I wouldn't mess with it much on such a basic car. Best bet is to just get the dealer to raise the timing, run premium and get one of those pedal boosters that help throttle response. The ECU will also learn new trims needed for the throttle gadget but I wouldn't paly with it to much. Let the car learn and have fun.

Thanks
    My timing is advanced by Nissan already Throttle control won't be going on until I reach one hundred thousand kilometers which will be in about a year from now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

DirtyMicra23 (10-18-2016)

Thanks
    When you say 91octain or better, what's your regular petrol in Canada then?

Thanks
    What are the gains with timing advance? I have my hands on the Nissan computer. Just wondering if it's worth it. Also what is everyone mean my the throttle control? What is it and how does it help? I have the rawtek catback system looking for headers and buying the intake and bully dog system soon. Thanks

Thanks
    Wouldn't it make more sense for the price of those to get a real tuning platform like COBB, Haltech, AEM? There doesn't seem to be a dedicated tuning solution for Nissans (correct me if I'm wrong) and coming from Honda it's a little disappointing as my other cars ECU is 100% customizable.

Putting down the cash for something I wouldn't want anything short of a complete end user tuning and real time data logging platform (for the sake of a couple hundred bucks).

I also wouldn't bother getting Nissan to reflash anything. Find the best performance shop near you that specializes in Nissans/imports.
    Get their opinion for what type of ECU tuning platform you should use and what they have experience working with.

To get good results you need a tuner who knows what they're doing. Plenty of GOOD tuners usually won't even work with different tuning platforms for the same brand/vehicle.

However, a proper reflash/tune can net you impressive results on completely stock parts and give you better mpg and throttle response while improving performance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnuk View Post
    When you say 91octain or better, what's your regular petrol in Canada then?
    91 octane is the highest common octane across Canada. 94 is available in some places. Actually ONE gas station in town here just got 94 octane so it looks like I'm going to have to retune my RSX

Thanks
    The nearest place to me is 15+ hours away that might possibly have a tuning shop. That's why I'm looking at doing a reflash on my stock Ecu. Only other option is a bully dog.

Thanks
    Is there any option for upgrading your ecu to a platform that allows you to get an e-tune? That's what I do up here for my other car and just get tuners from the U.S. to produce me a tune based on my datalogs and mods. Costs about $200-250 but it's also by someone who only works with the same brand of vehicle and tuning platform.