Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JDM Style Yellow Headlights

Thanks

JDM Style Yellow Headlights

Hi folks, so my headlight bulbs arrived today, so I swapped them in (took literally 2 minutes) and took them for a rip at dusk, I'm gonna take the Turd out for another rip later tonight to see how they handle total darkness, but so far they look amazing. I'm very pleased with the JDM feel and glow. Keep in mind, that in most parts of Canada, these are ILLEGAL. So I'm potentially risking a $115 ticket for rocking these. But I'm keeping my stock bulbs in the package from the yellows, and stashing them in the incredibly roomy glove box just in case I get pulled over.

Here's a few photos:
    Name:  Blueturdheadlamps1.jpg
Views: 3360
Size:  92.3 KBName:  blueturdheadlamps2.jpg
Views: 3309
Size:  90.2 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Hideous For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-18-2015)

Thanks
    why are they illegal? too strong?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Because the law states that headlights need to be white. They're actually less invasive than white lights. 2.5k as opposed to some HID lights that are 30k.

Thanks
    Need pics of them at night. Those pics really don't look like much on anything...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Really? I thought the difference was pretty clear, but I'll post up some night time ones tomorrow.

Thanks
    I am also putting Yellow lights on my Micra going with a Hid kit through, Did some research and found this. It says white or amber so we should be okay. Only thing would be the distance.

"Lamps
    Lamps required on all motor vehicles except motorcycles
    62. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1)."

Thanks
    ^ It's funny that the law says we only need one red light on the rear.

---

Added the lights to our Micra modifications / customizations list

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Also found this in case anyone wanted to tint there headlights.

"Attachment that affects lamps prohibited
    (7) No person shall drive upon a highway a motor vehicle if either or both of the lamps that are required on the front of the vehicle by subsections (1), (2) and (3),
    (a) are coated or covered with a coloured material; or
    (b) have been modified by the attachment to the lamps or the motor vehicle of any device that reduces the effective area of the lenses or the intensity of the beam of the lamps. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 19 (1)."

Thanks
    Section 6 of Alberta Traffic Safety Act:

4) The light from a headlamp must be white, and the lens and bulb of the headlamp must be made of clear, untinted glazing.

(5) A person shall not attach or apply anything that colours the light from a headlamp to the headlamp, part of the headlamp or a bulb in the headlamps.

So in short, make sure they comply with your provincial standards, not just the national ones.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Hideous For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-19-2015)

Thanks
    I like yellow lights for fog. I drive at least 2-3 times a year in deep fog. Anyone added both fog lights and driving lights? I'll try to add the yellow fogs before winter, and some driving light in the grill or something.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...