Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micra K&N air filter

Thanks

Micra K&N air filter

K&N air filter for K13 1.6L HR16DE.
    K&N 33-2479

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cries For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-10-2015),MetroMPG (03-09-2015),Micra In The Mountains (01-24-2016),VE3BRJ (02-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for posting, cries.

Added to the modification/customization list.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Please please please don't use oil based air filters!!!!! They clog extremely fast and restrict air flow!! They are also uncleanable. It's a waste of money and in a month, it'll be robbing hp and fuel efficiency.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Hideous For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-27-2015)

Thanks
    Problem with a lot of oil papers is they rely on oil to trap dust. Now on some setups the oil can get sucked into the MAF, but the air cleaner box is a good distance away from the sensors. Might not be a problem.

the question is, how much of a gain is it, and is it worth the cost? Is the upfront cost of the K&N more then factory ones in the long term?

I think that is going to vary for everyone. For me... Nope. Ill keep it stock. Its got enough power for me to go play in corners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    When I was young & excitable, I used to go buy a K&N filter every time I got a different car. Now I just stick with OEM paper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    With the small diameter tubing leading to the filter box it is highly doubtful that a filter alone could make any increase in power or torque.

Thanks
    To get any sort of increase, albeit not noticeable, the piping will need significant work. I'm going to mod mine as soon as my parts arrive, so I'll take a bunch of photos and post them. If anyone is actually interested in filters etc, hit up youtube and search for "cold air intakes mythbusted" The Mighty Car Mods guys actually tested multiple filters on a small engined car... on a dyno.

Realistically, unless you're increasing or decreasing your bhp by about 10% of it's total, you wont notice any gains/loss. However, if someone were to do intake/exhaust/header/plugs/wires/vac lines/ignition together, or over a period of time, there would be a significantly noticeable difference.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Hideous For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-27-2015)

Thanks
    I just bought a Micra base and removed the air filter to find it is a paper filter saturated with some kind of oil. Yes oil. It's the Nissan 135461HK0A. As for not using oil based air filters I have to disagree with your statement. K&N filters work well and even better when checked & cleaned & re oiled about every 6 to 8 months, not the 50,000 miles they suggest. These filters are a one time purchase of about $60 at most places and since I have not yet purchased the Nissan filter but suspect them to be about $20 US. I think they (k&n) are not a waste of money when comparing to how many times Nissan insists this filter be replaced. As for K&N I've been using these filters for 30 years on various cars/trucks and never had a moments trouble including MAF clogging as suggested in another post. A better filter is made by AEM which does not use oil but is capable of being washed and reused for the life of the vehicle. I have yet to contact AEM for availability of a micra dry filter.

Got email back from distributor of AEM products, no filter available for Nissan Micra.
    Last edited by eddy; 05-23-2015 at 06:44 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eddy For This Useful Post:

SvB (03-25-2017)

Thanks
    What about looking up the AEM HR16DE filter for the juke, or Note?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hideous View Post
    What about looking up the AEM HR16DE filter for the juke, or Note?
    Reply from AEM distributor - No unfortunately there is no AEM part number with those dimensions.

So it looks like no for juke or note.