Thread: Guess it is time to tell (bad dealership experience)

Thanks

Guess it is time to tell (bad dealership experience)

Okay so after sitting in the dealership for two hours, and receiving a $115 dollar bill for them to remove ice and bend my muffler back to shape? I originally went in there to get a free oil change ( that was promised to me by the manager ) and for them too look at my rear passenger door again ( it was not fitting )... they have no record of the door panel, so they didn't do anything, and because I came in past warranty for rattles and **** they decided to take the liberty ( without asking me ) take some ice off my car and bend the muffler and 115 was after they bumped down from 175 before tax. So I sat around for 2 hours, for a free oil change and end up paying 115 bucks for some ice removal, a straightened muffler and some felt around the rear hatch. Also the manager was rude enough to say that I am not welcome back.... Orangeville Nissan.... I do not recommend at all going there, they are rude and unscrupulous.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    this is also where all the shoddy work was done to my car: The spoiler that came close to falling off, and the crappy job on the side sills..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That bites!

They didn't authorize this "ice removal" work?

Have you got time for small claims court? Document EVERYTHING, and file a claim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    No I asked them to look at the rear door panel that they had never fixed because it was rattling a bit. However they never came out and asked me if I wanted it done, I waited roughly 2 1/2 hours and was told I needed to pay. When I said that I refused the manager told me that because of all the free work that they have done, and that " I practically gave you the car, we made no money off of it".. that I was no longer "welcome at the dealership"... i tried to call nissan canada earlier but their automated phone thing, sounds like stephen hawkings if his computer were a stutterer.

Thanks
    YOu should definitely write an email to Nissan Canada. I did this with my cut off seat that the dealer did not want to replace and Nissan Canada called me about it. Finally the dealer did replace the seat cover for free.

It's really important to report these issues to them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-03-2015)

Thanks
    Agreed. Keep at it with Nissan.

Just because they sell an inexpensive car it gives them no justification to treat a customer poorly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I suggest contacting your local newspaper, or television station. A lot of media outlets will go to bat for a customer because it generates local interest. For example in Edmonton, our news has a "troubleshooter" segment that specifically deals with businesses screwing over a customer, and calls them out on it to try to get the customer what they've paid for. Also, I agree with the above posts, contact Nissan Canada, even if you don't get anything out of it, you can take solace in the fact that that manager/douchebag will likely get a call from Corporate.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I wouldn't have paid them for work I didn't authorize. You may not be able to file a claim in small claims court because essentially by paying the bill you agree to it.

If you walk out without paying you put the ball back in their court, they can either file a small claims case against you or file a mechanic's lien on the car, either way they won't get very far without pre-authorization.