Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nissan "Sway" concept car: next generation K14 2016 Micra/March

Thanks

Nissan "Sway" concept car: next generation K14 2016 Micra/March

Name:  Nissan-Sway-Concept-teaser.jpg
Views: 6383
Size:  56.7 KB

Nissan released a teaser pic of its "Sway" concept car that will be shown at next week's Geneva Auto Show.

UPDATE: here's the entire thing:

Name:  13020118022049157123.jpg
Views: 11542
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 5455
Size:  23.8 KB

Multiple reports say this is the a teaser for the next gen. Micra/March, though the company itself only says it is a...

glimpse at how a future generation of small Nissan models could look if the company’s striking new design language was applied to a European hatchback
    Read the various auto blog chatter about the Sway...

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/n...eviewed-169423
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-sway.html
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/...icra-supermini
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...d-sway-concept

That last Autocar piece even says:

"The new Micra will be such a departure from the last one that Nissan is even considering dropping the Micra name and giving it a new badge altogether. "
    Also see thread: Next-generation Nissan Micra (K14) confirmed for 2016

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The teaser shot looks great. I sure hope they don't change the name though...

Thanks
    Although still a concept, yet to be seen how much design elements will survive, it looks way better than the current Micra!

Thanks
    basically away from the current cuddly look, to the very aggressive grrr look that's in vogue

it looks good but

i wont be envious, lets put it that way

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    basically away from the current cuddly look, to the very aggressive grrr look that's in vogue

it looks good but

i wont be envious, lets put it that way
    You said bro, I agree 100%.

We only have the one picture, but I can already tell it looks like utter crap, and almost as bad as every other new Mazda on the road.

1)I hate the bulging ''Ferengi'' hood line.
    2)Daylighter doors are an ugly overdone trend that has to end now. Like right f'n now.
    3)General raking of the body lines is another. You are not fooling anybody, designer guy.
    4)Massive sunroof, well that probably won't make the cut anyway.
    5)The headlights: it's not a 1M+ super car...make them look a little more organic, down to earth if you will.
    6)Pillars/door handles: I want to see them please. It's a road car, not some crappy 70's sci-fi prop car.

I do like the large wheel/tire combo though!...as if that will make it to the production car. hahaha.

Nissan (or any other car co.) feel free to contact me with sage styling advice on any projects... will work cheap!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, this looks like it might be a transformation in line with the way the Mazda2 just went. From cute to GRR! (Thread: Mazda updates the competition - redesigned 2016 Mazda 2)

Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    2)Daylighter doors are an ugly overdone trend that has to end now. Like right f'n now.
    C'est quoi, "Daylighter doors"??

4)Massive sunroof, well that probably won't make the cut anyway.
    Except in Europe! Check MicraK13NL's.

6)Pillars/door handles: I want to see them please. It's a road car, not some crappy 70's sci-fi prop car.
    Oh, we can be sure the concept version will be very sci-fi prop car-esque. The trick is squinting your eyes to imagine what the watered down production version will look like.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Daylighter doors is where they pull down the line of the door drastically towards the front. Sometimes it's subtle and not too bad. I'm unsure if it's just a styling mistake or they are trying to allow a better view?

A good example is a Toyota Yaris.

EDIT: I just did a little googly to try and find you a link, but it seems I'm the only guy calling this type of door a ''Daylighter'' hmmm...not sure where I picked up the term.
    Last edited by aftica; 02-25-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i like the current model can be for man and my wife also still looks pretty good, i wonder if there is an upgrade to the headlamp, is there any angel eyes lamp available ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrak13 View Post
    i like the current model can be for man and my wife also still looks pretty good, i wonder if there is an upgrade to the headlamp, is there any angel eyes lamp available ?
    In countries like Thailand, India and Indonesia they really go crazy with the Micra, lots of tuning goodies are available over there. Also angel eyes.

Views: 7832
Size:  96.2 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    In countries like Thailand, India and Indonesia they really go crazy with the Micra, lots of tuning goodies are available over there. Also angel eyes.

Views: 7832
Size:  96.2 KB

thanks alot i am an Indonesian myself ok i will look for them

but my car is the newest model like in canada made of thai not mexico

tks