Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading DTC codes without a scan tool (check engine light)

Thanks
    Did you get the check engine light? What code did it give you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes, a few days ago, the check engine light came on and has been on ever since. The first thing I did was check the fuel cap, and it was fine, but I opened it and reclosed it again.

Now, following the above instructions, I cannot get the engine light to start flashing following these directions.

This happened last year, and it worked just as described in this thread. So maybe this is a totally different kind of problem?

I guess I should go to the dealer.... yet again. I have never had a new car back at the dealer so often. I'm glad I'm retired and not trying to do all these dealer trips between work times.
    Last edited by patty; 02-11-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added information

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That's odd that the procedure worked for you last time, but not now.

I know you'll keep us posted on what happens (it's appreciated). Good luck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    OK. Finally got it to flash, I read the flashes, and I think it cleared the problem which is something about a slow evaporation leak, which my car was checked for about a year ago. I guess there is no rush and I will just get them to look at it the next time it happens, which I hope isn''t too soon :-(

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Some months ago my Nissan March turn on the engine check light when the day was really hot and starts to rain suddently. When i was going to reset the ECU I observed than the light (1 second) blinks 6 times. And other quicker arround 7 ou 8 times. What it means? I was wondering it was the MAF sensor.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    i have answer this READ = resetting nissan micra k13 is very easy - just posted

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Some months ago my Nissan March turn on the engine check light when the day was really hot and starts to rain suddently. When i was going to reset the ECU I observed than the light (1 second) blinks 6 times. And other quicker arround 7 ou 8 times. What it means? I was wondering it was the MAF sensor.
    it was resetting dont worry

Thanks
    My check engine light came up. I checked the fuel cap, it seemed okay. I tried the procedure to reset the warning light but it didn't work and neither did the procedure to try and get the code. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I really don't wanna go to the dealership, my warranty just ended, that's my luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...er/A-p8755530e

https://www.amazon.ca/AutoLink-Reade...90423473&psc=1

buy a code reader for 39.99 just about anywhere, actually that autel one on amazon may be better, i have autel products,
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 10-23-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Yes, I actually bought one on amazon and it indicated cylinder 2 misfire, but the check engine light went away after refueling. I'll be on the lookout if it comes on again, but for now I think I'll wait since it disappeared. I figured for 30$, that machine will pay for itself soon enough.

I got that one and it works very well so far:
    https://www.amazon.ca/Panlong-Scanne...%2C149&sr=1-10