Thread: Dash (dash kit to replace the factory radio?)

Thanks

Dash (dash kit to replace the factory radio?)

Hello,

Anyone knows if the part of the dash, where the radio fits, is the same as the versa or the March/south american Micra ? I'm trying to find a dash kit to replace the factory radio.

Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm trying to find a dash kit and wiring harness as well. I wish there was more info/parts for this car. That is the only downside. It has proven to be somewhat difficult to put in aftermarket speakers and stuff.

Thanks
    I had very little issue putting in aftermarket speakers. Can't speak for replacing the head unit.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I apologize, I meant it has proven difficult to replace the headunit. I would like to put a touch screen kenwood double din headunit in. As well as my single 12" MTX Sub kit that JUST fits in the little trunk. What size speakers did the doors take? I have two 6.5" speakers and 2 6x9 speakers. Im going to assume from just looking that both front and back are 6.5"?? Aslo how did you take the door panels off...brand new car I'm scared to snap anything. lol

Thanks
    6.5" fits, depending on the depth of the cone, you may need to space them inboard to clear the windows when down. You can find videos online to remove the doors, start by taking the screw out of the door pull, pop out the controls for windows/locks, pop off the cover behind the side view mirror. Then pry along the sides and bottom of the door panel, the top hooks on the window sill. The door panel is held on with clips that are very easily replaced and you can get those from your dealer if you break one.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    Thanks so much! That info helps alot I'm also planning on dynamatting the whole car too, or a similar material. To cut down on rattle and road noise.

Quote Originally Posted by gussy456 View Post
    Thanks so much! That info helps alot I'm also planning on dynamatting the whole car too, or a similar material. To cut down on rattle and road noise.
    Really? Im planning on removing as much stock stuff as possible. Storing, then returning to stock if and or when needed.
    And it will look like a brand new car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gussy456 View Post
    What is that and how does it work? The rattles have started at around 14k km, and it's driving me nuts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have a brand new Metra 95-7621 Dash Kit that fits 2014-up Nissan Versa/Versa and Micra to sell if anyone is interested. They sent me two when I ordered mine, it fits perfectly my Micra 2016.

You can send me a private message.