Thread: Fumoto Drain Valve

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Fumoto Drain Valve

Has anyone used a Fumoto Drain Valve on their Micra? If, which kind did you get (short or long nipple)? Does it stick out the bottom of the car?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Never knew those existed until today. Looks like something else to break off when the Micra bottoms out, as the oil pan is the lowest point and has no protection.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    If you got the Short one it might be ok. We had a couple of these on work trucks. They tended to clog easily. But that was easily remedied by a pipe cleaner. Id be concerned about bottoming out and having the valve open somehow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You gotta be kidding me. I just looked that up and that is one piece of LOL crap. You're just asking for trouble. KISS. Especially something as important as an oil drain plug. Even more especially on the Micra...of all cars... it is jacked up so high and the oil drain plug is so easy to reach.

Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...