Thread: Bogging down/almost stalling when operating windows?

Thanks

Bogging down/almost stalling when operating windows?

Hello all,

Has anyone else noticed their rpms drop (almost to the point of stalling) when idling and operating the windows? I've noticed that this will intermittently happen on its own (without the operation of something like the wipers). It should be noted that I have a dash cam running whenever the car is on but I've unplugged it and the issue is still there.

Thanks
    no, nothing like that with my car. The car idle does not change when using the windows. Maybe you have some electrical problem? You should have it checked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    no, nothing like that with my car. The car idle does not change when using the windows. Maybe you have some electrical problem? You should have it checked.
    Will definitely do so.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    if you have idle problems not only when operating windows, the source of problem can be the throttle body being dirty or defective.
    Also try to use a high quality fue (if available) and see if the situation improves.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I tried it today just to see and watched the RPM while on park and stopped at red lights when opening the windows and there was no change in the engine. Opening the windows made no difference, same with putting the AC or heater, no difference in the engine RPM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaisonneuve View Post
    Hello all,

Has anyone else noticed their rpms drop (almost to the point of stalling) when idling and operating the windows? I've noticed that this will intermittently happen on its own (without the operation of something like the wipers). It should be noted that I have a dash cam running whenever the car is on but I've unplugged it and the issue is still there.

Something definitely wrong there...your PW are drawing too much juice. This is gonna be hard on the alternator (and window motor) and will prematurely wear the brushes. They install the smallest alternator possible these days, but even then I would not expect that much draw even if you were running a couple other things at the same time. Get it checked if you plan on keeping the car long term.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Was your window partially frozen at the time adding increased load to the window retract motors? That is about the only time I notice a slight dip in engine rpm when operating power windows. When they are clean or not frozen it doesn't bog the motor down.

Thanks
    It may be something completely unrelated to the electrical devices. The only thing that comes to mind is when I installed ridiculously bright foglights on my K10 Micra and turned them on, I had to floor it to maintain highway speeds, but it never affected idle speed.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...