Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Injen Intake adds 4 hp & 4 ft/lbs (Micra 1.6 dyno chart/graph)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks, I'll have to check out some of those companies listed and see what they make for the Micra. I'll post them up in new threads to not clutter up this one about the intake.

Thanks
    And since the Micra is so light, even modest performance gains will be noticeable.

Thanks
    Yep, a 4hp gain is a 3.6% power increase... not too shabby at all! And it doesn't sacrifice power anywhere which is very nice.

I wonder how the other aftermarket intakes compare. Are there any other dyno charts you're aware of Note-ified?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Yep, a 4hp gain is a 3.6% power increase... not too shabby at all! And it doesn't sacrifice power anywhere which is very nice.

I wonder how the other aftermarket intakes compare. Are there any other dyno charts you're aware of Note-ified?
    Not yet I'm not...as far as the injen intake the only way I was able to get a hold of that is because I was the test car for it but I haven't yet applied to anywhere else to see if they would be interested in developing an intake so the jury is currently out on whether there is any other manufacturers that might be able to see better gains
    Last edited by Note-ified; 03-13-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks
    I didn't think so, but figured it was worth a shot. The Injen looks like a fine piece anyways. It looks like they have a tube in tube design that enhances power at certain rpm ranges. Plus, any aftermarket company that actually dynos and tests a part is a step up in my book.

Thanks
    I didn't think so, but figured it was worth a shot. The Injen looks like a fine piece anyways. It looks like they have a tube in tube design that enhances power at certain rpm ranges. Plus, any aftermarket company that actually dynos and tests a part is a step up in my book.

pretty much nailed it on the head as far as the design of the intake goes, from what i can gather the way the injen intake works is it's basically like a funnel type design where it takes in so much air at the beginning of the intake and then once it reaches a certain point (around where the MAF sensor is) it takes that air and, just like water going from a large pipe to a small pipe, it accelerates the air into the throttle body which causes more air to be drawn into the engine at one time than it would if it were just a uniformly sized pipe, thus giving the engine more oxygen to burn at one time and creating more power. at the same time though it slows down the air just enough to not throw the MAF sensor off of what it's tolerances are from the factory

Thanks
    I was poking around the internet trying to find more HR16DE info and found this dyno chart. It is from a Nissan Versa Note (which shares the HR16DE with the Micra). The blue line is stock, the red line is with an Injen intake kit added to the car.

Now of course, it begs the question, does the Injen intake fit the Micra?

that's a pretty good gain for an air filter

it's a pretty messy graph

Thanks
    The messiness of the graph is probably just in the smoothing and software, or was probably done in second gear compared to third. Usually that bouncing/ jumping on the graph will never actually transfer to real performance.

Thanks
    Note-ified, do you have an image of your engine bay with the injen intake installed? Darin got us a nice shot of the Micra's engine bay and I'm thinking it looks like the intake will fit. A picture from you would clarify things though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000neon View Post
    The messiness of the graph is probably just in the smoothing and software, or was probably done in second gear compared to third. Usually that bouncing/ jumping on the graph will never actually transfer to real performance.
    my dyno graphs have spots that look like the loops in cursive handwriting
    from the tires spinning on the rollers