Thread: Canda Trader: Lease Takeover, Thornhill ON

Thanks

Canada Trader: Lease Takeover, Thornhill ON

Saw the following ad in Canada Trader. I don't know enough about lease takeovers to know if this is legit:

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Trader
    Kilometres 15,200 km
    Style/Trim SR - top model
    Transmission Automatic
    Exterior Colour White

Take over lease at $297.30 per month or buy-out at $15,630.60 (I pay you $1,000) plus free Winter Tires worth $1200. Micra - The Car of the Year; New 2015 Model

Beautiful, SR (top model), white in color, tinted windows, spoiler, back anti-collision protection, 15” aluminum-alloy piano black wheels, AM/FM/CD audio system with 4.3" colour display, RearView Video Monitor, Chrome power-heated outside mirrors, door handle covers and side mouldings, has winter tires worth $1200 and free seasonal change service twice per year at Maple Nissan Dealership.

15,200 km, bought as a DEMO car; present buy-out price is $16,630; lease charges per month are $297.30 taxes included (20,000 km per year); 32 months lease (30 months outstanding) with a buyout at the end of $9,576.72. This is interest-free lease. I will pay you $1,000 in cash plus free winter tires worth $1200.

I was offered a position overseas and hence must leave the country ASAP. I love this car! It drives very fast, picks up speed in seconds, changes lanes super quickly and takes only half of parking lots.
    If someone does a buyout, does the factory warranty transfer to the new owner?

Last edited by Ustauk; 01-29-2015 at 06:27 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-29-2015)

Thanks
    I'm sure the warranty transfers.

So this is a lease takeover and he has a limited amount of time... Good luck, buddy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Another dreamer that doesn't understand depreciation and hoping for a sucker to save him. Hope no one gets taken in by this.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    30 months of payments totals $8,919, plus $9,576.72 for the buy-out at the end, that's $18,495.72.

Hard to believe that snows on steelies for the Micra are worth $1200 new, let alone used.

I think the main issue is the mileage. This guy owned the car for two months and burned up 15,200km, and there's a 20,000km limit per year on his lease. That leaves whoever might take over this lease a mere 4,800km for the remainder of the year, or face penalties for going over.

Honestly, I think he wants to get out of the lease because he knows he's going to exceed his mileage limit by a large margin. Too bad he expects someone else to pay for his mistake.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ^
    ^^
    Thanks for the insight. That's why I said I didn't know if was legit; I guess its not Kind of like the guying trying to overprice a Micra on Kijiji.

Thanks
    It's not a bargain, it's a demo car with already too much mileage. At the end the cost is the same as a brand new one, so buy a brand new instead. He said 'It drives fast' ...does that mean the car was beaten up during the breaking in period? and in deed, who ever buy this better do a very small yearly mileage! I would never buy a demo car because I would be afraid of the car being beaten up to death.

When I did my road test on the Micra, the saleperson gave me the key and said 'go try it as much as you like'. I am good with cars but I am sure that car would be mistreated by a lot of people who just want to know what the car can do. I was alone in the car, and I could have done anything. I did not but I am sure some have done it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...