Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nissan is still thinking about selling the Micra in the U.S. (or are they?)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Got a link to that article?

Thanks
    here's something (Rumored)
    http://www.caranddriver.com/news/nis...eside-car-news

I guess most of what I'd seen was North America (canada)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KrautBurner For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for that link, Krautburner!

It's an old article, but more indication the company was/is willing to consider the car for the U.S. given the right conditions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for that link, Krautburner!

It's an old article, but more indication the company was/is willing to consider the car for the U.S. given the right conditions.

well according to most news i've read on auto shows, nissan is set to debut "something big" at the new york auto show this next month. some say it could be the next Z, but who knows, it could also be the Micra seeing as most of what Nissan has been debuting at auto shows recently is family oriented cars. personally im hoping its the Z concept, but i would be equally excited if they decided to announce that they are going to sell the Micra here in the US although i am more partial to the March name plate that the JDM market gets...either way it's exciting times ahead for Nissan as they seem to be getting back into the swing of things as far as releasing "fun to drive" cars in the next few years ahead

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Note-ified For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-16-2014)

Thanks
    I just can't see how they would sell any Note's for 4k more over the the Micra. The Versa sedan I know is only 2k more, but thinking hatchback here.

It would make sense- the US wants a sedan over a hatch. Save 2k for something you don't really want, or get the sedan for the extra money? I have not educated myself on the Note yet, but is it worth 4k over the Micra? (I know there isn't one available, but from what we know)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
    I just can't see how they would sell any Note's for 4k more over the the Micra. The Versa sedan I know is only 2k more, but thinking hatchback here.

It would make sense- the US wants a sedan over a hatch. Save 2k for something you don't really want, or get the sedan for the extra money? I have not educated myself on the Note yet, but is it worth 4k over the Micra? (I know there isn't one available, but from what we know)
    the extra cargo capacity and significantly larger passenger capacity make the Note worth it, but for someone just looking for a run about for city driving i can definitely see the Micra filling that role. Like someone said in an earlier post, the micra would be good for short trips and in city driving and the Note would be better suited for long family trips with it's larger cargo area and room to stretch out for passengers and with the tech goodies that the Note would offer over the Micra i can definitely see the Note being worth $4k more than the Micra. As far as the US being more into sedans, i am seeing that trend reversing in a big way...especially here in california i am seeing alot more people go for hatchbacks over their sedan counterparts within the last year.

Thanks
    The Note also gets much better mileage with its CVT than the Micra will from its 4-speed slushbox. Remember the vast majority of buyers choose the automatic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Note-ified View Post
    i am seeing that trend reversing in a big way...especially here in california
    Doesn't California always do things its own, different way?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Doesn't California always do things its own, different way?
    always gotta be the trend setters for the rest of the country here ya know? lol

Thanks
    I love the idea of a nice cheap commuter
    something fairly comfortable and safe, that I wouldn't feel bad putting an assload of miles on