Thread: My review - 2015 Micra SV Auto

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

My review - 2015 Micra SV Auto

I never, ever thought I'd see myself getting one, but here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akrFtJg5L8

I have test driven many small cars including the Toyota Corolla, Yaris, Nissan Sentra, Honda Civic, Chevrolet Sonic, Dodge Dart, Ford Fiesta, Focus, Mazda3, and the VW Jetta. I had my heart set on the Mazda3 sedan GX, and I was about to test drive the new 2015 VW Golf hatchback, but my parents insisted I go and look at the much cheaper Micra, so I did.

At this time, I owned a 2003 Kia Rio that was on its way to the crusher. Car needed an additional $1000 worth of work to be road-worthy. Needless to say, I got rid of that POS.

I took the Micra out for a spin. I fell in love. I was so impressed by the ride and handling, the spacious interior for the size of the car, and the peppy, and rather pleasant sounding 1.6L engine (I didn't think Nissan was going to put the Versa's engine in this tiny car). Yes, lots of plastic on the dash but that's expected for the price. I know some of you may like the CVT in Nissan's other vehicles, but I hate CVTs, and was grateful this had a regular 4-speed automatic. I couldn't care less about the gear count, just the fact that it had GEARS. Just sounds better when driving.

The Ford Fiesta has always been known to be the best driving sub-compact car on the market, and I have driven one so I know how it feels. It was a black S-model sedan. Didn't even have SYNC. I really liked the ride and handling of that car, very fun to drive, but the price of the 4-year lease on that bare-bones model car was like $50/month more than the upgrade Micra SV's lease price on 4 years. But the Micra rides and handles almost IDENTICAL to the Fiesta, I swear! As a matter of fact, it's even more fun to drive than the Fiesta.

I picked up my 2015 Micra SV auto in Red Alert back in October. I have it on a 4 year lease. It really is the cheapest new car out there compared to everything else. The base Ford Fiesta S auto hatchback and Chevrolet Sonic LS sedan auto with crank windows, no keyless entry, nothing were a difference of $50 in the monthly 4-year lease payments, as I have mentioned before. My car being the upgrade SV has power windows, locks, air, cruise, tilt, bluetooth, remote entry, and more!

I couldn't ask for a better value for my money!

Last edited by MetroMPG; 01-27-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: (embedded video)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamMurphy94 For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (01-27-2015),Moose (01-30-2016)