Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra SR engine problem (oil consumption - head gasket)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    if you can afford the X, im surprised you went for the micra. the price diff between those two is like......huuuuuuge
    The Micra is an ideal choice for someone who can afford a Tesla; the savings one can realize by utilizing a Micra for daily commuting is significant.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    My colleague has the P85D, it's awesome. but not being able to reach Torantah on one charge sucks.
    Can't get to Toronto?? EPA rating for the 85 kWh model is 435 kilometers. Ha - I guess that would be cutting it too close. And in winter, forget it. (Or if speeding, forget it.)

I just got rid of my electric car after 6 years. But it only had a range of 20-30 km, top speed of ~55 km/h, and was made out of a junk car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Can't get to Toronto?? EPA rating for the 85 kWh model is 435 kilometers. Ha - I guess that would be cutting it too close. And in winter, forget it. (Or if speeding, forget it.)

I just got rid of my electric car after 6 years. But it only had a range of 20-30 km, top speed of ~55 km/h, and was made out of a junk car.
    which one? that actually sounds worse than the miev...which is currently the worst ev in the market.

Thanks
    Oh mine was much worse... a $1000 homebuilt one-off: Http://forkenswift.com. ...I miss it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I never heard of this one before. Interesting... If I'd have a junk swift I might try that. Pride.... just to be able to say I built my own EV. :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    some people in brazil started complaining about very high oil consumption around 10 15k km, what a joke these engines are.
    they knock, they burn oil, haha, even a chinise car is more high quality than this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Enough with the bashing please. What you are talking about is still rare and most of us have a very good car with a good engine and no problem. I did not add a single drop of oil since I got the car 6 months ago, and it's not missing any.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    some people in brazil started complaining about very high oil consumption around 10 15k km, what a joke these engines are.
    they knock, they burn oil, haha, even a chinise car is more high quality than this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Enough with the bashing please. What you are talking about is still rare and most of us have a very good car with a good engine and no problem. I did not add a single drop of oil since I got the car 6 months ago, and it's not missing any.
    i am just giving information for users that dont usually check their oil level or they dont care much about noises to be alert so they can go to the warranty.
    the oil consumption problem is getting common in south america, and also some valve problems, when the car is on idle the ones with faulty cylinder head it can be heard a "tic tic tic tic" constant noise which are not the injectors, are the valve guides, they need complete head replacement.
    keep knocking on wood with your car, because the rod knock problem has been also reported to appear around 20-30k miles on aparently non faulty engines.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You are bashing...

what a joke these engines are.
    That is bashing.

It's fine if people want to report specific problems with their cars. Let's keep it to that.

Sweeping generalizations aren't helpful at all. It just creates noise on the forum and annoys people. It won't help solve problems with your own car if you're having any.

Thanks
    Wow, I thought I was the only one with that problem... I am getting a complety new engine for my micra, under waranty (OMG thnx...) Head/bottom everything new engine while. So I will be at 59 500km back with a brand new engine. Just hope it didnt happen again anymore. I was consuming oil an at rate of 600ml/2500km. So by the end of the 8000km circle (synthetic oil) there was no more oils on the "brackets" thing to check the oil level... so at least 2/3 oils was gone.

So yeah, they did say the same them, never hapenned before... but it almost impossible that I was the only one with that problem, or I was just getting very in bad luck? Anywait keep in mind to check your oil comsumption!