Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra SR engine problem (oil consumption - head gasket)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by audi-driver1126 View Post
    Hey everyone. I see this thread of mine is sparking up alot of debate! Debate is good if its kept friendly so lets keep it friendly. We do not need a war between the Micra and Golf!

My opinion here goes like so: The Nissan Micra K13 is a fantastic little car and a great buy. Its an attractive little car that drives well and gets good fuel economy. It does everything that a car of this class should do. And thats why i walked into a Nissan dealership. I have my nit-picks with this car, but i also love it half to death. Alot of us here feel the same way. Unfortunately some of us are experiencing some concerning engine issues. There is no doubt that we have discovered a common widespread issue effecting some cars, not all! And for that reason i wish to part ways with the car. I am not here to tell everyone to stay away from the Micra, I am only sharing my unfortunate story. So thumbs up to everyone else who believes their money is well spent.
    agree 100% with you.
    but i am mad because nissan is well aware of these problems but they are still selling faulty units.
    you are going to trade the car as it is or request a new engine again??
    And for the one who didnt know that suzuki still makes cars, yes they make, and some like the swift sport are 100% made in japan and nice looking and good performance
    http://www.carsuk.net/wp-content/gal...t-5-door-1.jpg

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Suzuki still makes cars but they don't sell them in North America any longer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You are very generous in your rating of the of the Golf design with a 5/10. I would give it -5/10 lol! that's the ugliest car available I would give the Micra interior design -5/10. It's nothing pretty...

why not get a Honda Fit? It's a good car, reliable and looks better. Very good on gas too.

If only they would make the Golf like this one:

Name:  article-0-199CB68D00000578-610_964x520.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  article-2512765-199CB62000000578-598_964x470.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  63.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by audi-driver1126 View Post
    Hey everyone. I see this thread of mine is sparking up alot of debate! Debate is good if its kept friendly so lets keep it friendly. We do not need a war between the Micra and Golf!

Now the Golf. Ill share my opinion in an unbiased way.

Exterior Design: 15' Nissan Micra SR: 7/10 - 15' VW Golf Highline TSI 5/10

Interior Design: 15 Nissan Micra SR 5/10 - 15 VW Golf Highline TSI 9/10

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    thats not the golf vw is selling, i think that is a concept
    this is the one vw is selling here
    http://www.drivenews.co.za/wp-conten...6/golf7gti.jpg
    is nicer in person than in photo.
    honda fit cvt is working very good, at least that is what users are saying.
    manual transmision is making a lot of noises, having clutch problems, etc.
    on a mexican forum a fit user reported an oil consumption of 0.5 liter in 2500km, but that was the only engine related "problem" i heard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    the new golf that is sold here is beautiful and elegant because it does the 'sophisticated european' look without the excessive 'grr im aggressive' look of so many other cars (im looking at your new maxima, nissan....)

in 10 years or so, im hoping for a competent, reliable EV that looks like the golf hatch. or the equivalent for srirocco....that would be my dream car.

just my 2 cents

Thanks
    The wife and I are waiting for the Tesla X85D. Hopefully by end of 2016, or in 2017, we'll see fast charging stations along Windsor/Detroit - Quebec city corridor. My colleague has the P85D, it's awesome. but not being able to reach Torantah on one charge sucks. house will be paid, so hopefully we'll be able to get the Tesla then.

As my daily commute, I love riding the Micra. Sorry to read that some of you don't have yours anymore or plan to get something else. I'll stick with my Micra as long as it will provide me with good reliable service.

Rustproofing it at the end of the month so it can stay looking sharp.

No engine problem here. I was surprised by the engine noise level in general, it sounds like the direct injection are pretty noisy for that size of engine. My old 5.7L HEMI appeared to be just as noisy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    if you can afford the X, im surprised you went for the micra. the price diff between those two is like......huuuuuuge

i love my micra too. reliability is #1 in importance, above fuel economy #2, msrp #3, hatch body #4

i hope my future EV is a tesla. as much as i appreciate nissan's chademo, the way the superchargers have been set up (and their rate of increase and location and stall #s) are so much superior.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    if you can afford the X, im surprised you went for the micra. the price diff between those two is like......huuuuuuge
    ;-) I got rid of 2 american cars with HEMIs. A Grand Cherokee, and a Challenger. Used a lot of gas, and didn't enjoy driving them anymore. Sold the Challenger in 2013 and Jeep this xmas. being able to afford to buy and run the vehicles has not much to do with what you should run. A new Tesla X will be about the price of BOTH my last vehicles. Hence the time to save. :-)

We'll see, but I sure love the idea of a full electric vehicle with power. Until the day a Tesla makes sense for us (my wife and I) my Micra is super. I feel like karting everyday. And as long as I'm having fun, I'll keep it. The wife is not impressed. She wants something else, so by end of summer we'll have a second vehicle.

Tesla has an adapter for CHAdeMO, I wonder if there will be one for the opposite. At the rate the Tesla charging stations pop up vs the other electrical one, I'm guessing Tesla will be more present (from their deployment map).

A Micra EV ? Hummm 0-100km/h in 5 seconds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes I know it's a concept car. That's my point. They make very beautiful concept for this car, yet the production model remains one of the ugliest car on the market today. What's the point of making a concept car if you're going to ignore the whole thing...

The actual Golf is not a pretty thing. For some people, the design is not important as much. But what made me choose the Micra is the cute factor. It's too bad you got a bad one because most of them are really good and they look good too.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagnr View Post
    thats not the golf vw is selling, i think that is a concept
    this is the one vw is selling here
    http://www.drivenews.co.za/wp-conten...6/golf7gti.jpg
    is nicer in person than in photo.
    honda fit cvt is working very good, at least that is what users are saying.
    manual transmision is making a lot of noises, having clutch problems, etc.
    on a mexican forum a fit user reported an oil consumption of 0.5 liter in 2500km, but that was the only engine related "problem" i heard.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    Plus it's an ugly car. I wonder why they did not update the design of their cars, especially the small ones. I guess it's a matter of personal taste but I would not drive one if they would give it to me.
    Agreed. What I'm curious to know is why, if someone is concerned about engine failure, they would go for a vehicle which, from my own brief googling, doesn't appear to fair much better and could even be worse:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ty-survey.html
    http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3628
    http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f92...ble-14713.html
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1861157

From the Telegraph:
    A recent survey has found that German cars, including Audi, BMW and VW, are among the worst when it comes to engine failure.
    Seems to me an obvious choice for someone really concerned about engine reliability would be Toyota, or, as the Telegraph suggested, a Honda. 1 in 76 isn't great, but acceptable given the price point of the Micra, and is certainly better than 1 in 52.

I often tend to wonder if some of these issues with the Micra are from people not following the break-in schedule properly? It sure can be tempting to stretch the legs of a brand new car, and the problems reported do seem to fit with what should be expected when one races with an engine that hasn't been properly broken in.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...