Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra SR (owner)

Thanks
    Oh man the Rabbit.. I had that phase too. Started ironically by, a Dodge Omni- My first car. Which if you squint, looked like the rabbit/jetta/golf of the day. Then I had a few jettas here and there. No regrets. Taught me.. Tolerance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes, everything I bought was very cheap. And a lot of them where very nice cars as well which I doubled in value when they sold. German cars are notorious for electrical issues. I'm getting rid of my latest one which has been plagued by butchered wires everywere. I'll stick to my Micra. I've been trying to closely listen for this "rod knock" but I can't seem to replicate it to bad. It is there, but I'm not worried much about that since my motor is being replaced anyways. I have a few gopro videos of the noises my engine makes. You will see them soon

Thanks
    Just passing a thought, there is a fella here that uses his micra for contract work (or something like that). He did a how-to on how to remove th back seat.

Or maybe you could build wooden racks in the trunk with heat insulation from those walmart hot/cold bags (they are like 2-3 bucks to keep those pies warmer!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Just passing a thought, there is a fella here that uses his micra for contract work (or something like that). He did a how-to on how to remove th back seat.

Or maybe you could build wooden racks in the trunk with heat insulation from those walmart hot/cold bags (they are like 2-3 bucks to keep those pies warmer!
    That would be nifty, though its too bad my little trunk is already stuffed with two 12 inch MTX subwoofers...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by audi-driver1126 View Post

Pros:
    - Looks great inside and out
    - Decent fuel economy (I average about 5.6 L/100KM)
    - Ride quality is smooth and tame
    - Has an amazing turning radius and extremely light electronic steering which makes for super easy parking
    - SR comes with a nice amount of tech and gizmos
    - Comfortable interior and well laid out controlls

Cons:
    - HR16DE motor is noisy. Rattles and clicks during certain rpms. Transmission whines in first gear (manual)
    - Clutch is too light and can be difficult to use with thick soled footwear
    - Manual transmission gear lever doesnt always go into gears smoothly. sometimes feels stiff
    - A/C engages very abruptly and loud. puts a hugely noticeable load on the engines performance
    - Factory speakers rattle when playing music and so does the headliner when driving on slightly rough surfaces
    This is the best review I've red so far, you addressed every important issue I could have thought of,congrats on that

Allow me to give my point of view of the cons you mentioned.

- I personally like the whiny transmission, sure, not much on 1st(it's just too short geared to enjoy) but on 2nd or 3rd I feel I'm driving a prototype, Lol.
    - I think the clutch is that light for the heavy traffic jams where shifting can become a literal pain.
    - I totally agree with the gear lever issue, many other cars' aren't sooth either, but, at least mine needs some careful slow shifting. I'm not sure if a stiff shift knob (a solid piece) would improve the feeling, the plastic OEM might not help.
    - The A/C does engage very abruptly and loud, and the A/C clutch engaging every 10 seconds is also quite loud and annoying. apparently not all of the Micras do, dani3d seems to have never heard it. I haven't felt the load that's put on the engine though(yet).
    - I've only heard the speakers rattle when using the Bluetooth on a call, and just a couple of times.

Thanks
    holy shhhhh--- that car ownership history is amazing!

altho i'd never buy a used luxury german car without expecting expensive maintenance.

btw, whats a 'a/c clutch'?

Thanks
    AC clutch: the engine-driven belt is always turning the pulley on the AC compressor, but you don't want the compressor running all the time.

So there's an electromagnetic clutch between the pulley and the compressor that allows the compressor to sit idle until you or the computer wants the compressor to turn. Then the clutch joins the two.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

lbarouf (01-26-2015),Sebastian (01-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks for the educational video. LOL... it would have been better with a human voice. Danger Danger Will Robinson!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, weird android narrator! Not the best video, but it gets across the idea of what's going on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by audi-driver1126 View Post
    Cons:
    - Transmission whines in first gear (manual)
    - Clutch is too light and can be difficult to use with thick soled footwear
    - Manual transmission gear lever doesnt always go into gears smoothly. sometimes feels stiff
    I've only spent an hour or 2 in two different manual Micras, and I didn't notice any gear whine or stiff shifting. I thought it shifted decently, actually.

I did notice the light clutch, but I like that. A light clutch is a good thing in a city car.

I'm hoping to get some seat time in a base Micra S loaner this year.