Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speakers and radio suggestion

Thanks

Speakers and radio suggestion

I was looking in the mods list, and didn't find anything in terms of sound. I am contemplating on getting the speakers replaced. And if I can find a good cheap radio with bluetooth and GPS with updatable (free) maps, I might consider that. Anyone has suggestions and specs on the speakers we have? I'd like a bolt on solution if possible. Do we have to replace the wiring as well? I'd think the speakers are why the sound is so terrible, but could it be the radio?

Thanks for any suggestions...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You could have a look at the original radio, it has Bluetooth and GPS, doesn't it?
    I don't know much about audio systems, but I'd say the radio shouldn't be the problem.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian For This Useful Post:

lbarouf (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    The OEM radio does not have bluetooth nor GPS. I added a bluetooth accessory to the aux port. I hear the music fine (it's a A2DP audio streaming bridge and handsfree), it's not great, but like the radio, when not too loud, it sounds ok. The call though, it's worst than an AM radio station. Sounds horrible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes, you are right, sound is awful when using the Bluetooth in a call.

Thanks
    Ths area is completely out of my experience/expertise. My base model 1998 Firefly came with NO RADIO AT ALL (though, oddly, has all speakers and wiring in place).

And I didn't bother putting one in it for a couple of years after I got it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Check out this thread on the Versa Forum

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/i-c...tallation.html

Our doors are pretty much identical.

As for what to get, well, i guess it depends on how much you want to spend.

IMO: The stock radio is too weak to run well on most aftermarket speakers. (Although the upgraded rearview one is stronger.) I chose a single DIN deck to get the extra storage space $150. The stock speakers have no high frequencies, so i went with Alpine components $100. Amp and more this spring.

If you own the car no problem, just snip the wires. If its leased and you don't want to go down that route, you're looking at close to $100 in wiring adaptors. Not to mention the speaker spacers and the mounting for the deck.

Changing the radio requires you to buy a Module to retain steering wheel functions. Which requires you to splice a wire and jump 2 others so keep that in mind. (So far i'm at about $500)

That's all i could think of for now, good luck on your build.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnskers For This Useful Post:

Howie (01-21-2015),lbarouf (01-15-2015),MetroMPG (01-14-2015)

Thanks
    Nope, not here in Canada it does not. It has vocal command bluetooth but no GPS. And the dash is not the same in the March or Micra produced for Europe so it might not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    You could have a look at the original radio, it has Bluetooth and GPS, doesn't it?
    I don't know much about audio systems, but I'd say the radio shouldn't be the problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks guys. I have the base S model, so no steering wheel buttons, no bluetooth and no GPS.
    In this case, I guess I'm still looking at replacing speakers, wiring and radio ? I don't need to worry about connecting with anything... as I don't right now. Sort of a good thing I guess.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnskers View Post
    I chose a single DIN deck to get the extra storage space $150. The stock speakers have no high frequencies, so i went with Alpine components $100....
    Merci monsieur -- that's good enough info to add this thread to the mods list.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks guys. I have the base S model, so no steering wheel buttons, no bluetooth and no GPS.
    In this case, I guess I'm still looking at replacing speakers, wiring and radio ? I don't need to worry about connecting with anything... as I don't right now. Sort of a good thing I guess.

Thanks Johnskers for the steps, forgot to say it was useful to plan my upgrade. I'll post an update when I decide to do it. Since I plan on adding solenoids for power lock, I might do this at the same time.

Last edited by lbarouf; 02-07-2015 at 10:41 PM.