Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Finding a vendor for OEM ''MARCH'' badge

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    looks better without the ''Pure Drive'' gel sticker too .
    I also took that one off, the 2nd pic was taken on the lunch break I had before taking the pure drive one off.

I don't have a better angle of the finished job yet. /:

Thanks
    Well, finally got around to patching the Micra over to a March.

If anyone wants to do this here are a few tips:

1) pick a warm day, clean and dry a generous area thoroughly with glass cleaner or some such.
    2) apply painters tape and marks for alignment of new badge. red lines in pic show the ends of my old badge my car has never been cleaner!
    3) remove old badge. I did not bother saving mine, so it broke. If you want to save your old badge try using a heat gun. If you just rip it off like I did then there is very little mess (adhesive) to deal with.
    4) remove any remaining adhesive with glass cleaner.
    5) clean area with alcohol, wait 'til it's dry and polish off any haze with a clean lint free cloth.
    6) apply new badge, aligning with marks and press hard for 30 sec or so.
    7) don't let things get wet or really cold for 24hrs.

I think I'll take my new March for a drive!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Wow, very cool!!
    Congrats con your new March!

Thanks
    Looks great!!! One small suggestion, when removing badges, I like to heat the badge with a heat gun, and use dental floss to help saw under the adhesive. And I prefer to use any sprayable wax and grease remover. Or just Goo Gone and a microfibre. The March badge looks incredible!!

Thanks
    I'm totally afraid to hurt the paint with my heat gun. How much margin of error is there?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichol View Post
    I'm totally afraid to hurt the paint with my heat gun. How much margin of error is there?
    You can heat things up pretty good without damaging the clearcoat. That said, if you're worried you'll go too far...I don't think it's worth it to save a cheap badge. If you want to save your old badge just pull the dental floss underneath it. You will have a lot of adhesive to remove afterward but it does come off fairly easy.

Main thing on a job like this is the alignment, make sure you get it right as you only get one shot at dropping the new badge.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey nichol, I heat gunned the hell out of mine to get the pure drive logo off, it practically fell off and was so hot to the touch that it burnt my fingers when I picked it up. Be less retarded than me, and warm it for ten seconds, then give it a wiggle, you'll feel it no problem when it's gonna come off. Seriously, super easy. You'd have to TRY to overheat the paint.

Thanks
    K, this is the next project.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...