Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Micra vs. Versa Note comparison ... Did you consider a Note?

Thanks
    definitely no because the Note came with a CVT.

Thanks

Note cash discounts/incentives

Understood. I'm still leery of them as well. But I'd only ever buy a manual anyway, so it's a moot point to me.

---

Here's another reason people would be choosing the Note over the Micra

at the time of this writing, Nissan is offering a $1,850 cash purchase incentive on the Versa Note. For about the same price, which would you rather take?
    Source: http://www.cp24.com/talk-shows/auto-...icra-1.2186819

However this Note advantage is going to disappear permanently in about 9 months when the 2016 Micras start arriving and discounts crop up on the remaining 2015's. Rinse & repeat each year thereafter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Unfortunately for me I would have preferred the manual but my wife who occasionally would be driving the car isn't comfortable with a manual transmission. Even with the 4 speed auto the Micra isn't too bad.

Thanks
    I did not consider the Note and would not have considered it even if it was the same price as the Micra because I don't like the look of tubular car. I like the more european look of the Micra with a definite angle on the front windshield and the hood. In a tubular looking car like the Note, the windshield seem to be a continuity of the hood and I don't like that. I get it that it's more aerodynamic but that look is now way too common and almost all the small cars are like that. I considered the Fiat and the Mini Cooper, and also the Kia Soul. That was it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have to admit I am impressed with how much interior room was in the Note. But the CVT was the deal breaker.

Thanks

Micra ---> Note

I got a private message from a member who recently traded his Micra for a Note.

He says they went for the Note because...

Wanted GPS and once I got looking at the SL I fell in love with the options it has for a car that is still under 20K.Also got a good trade in price since only had 19 K kms on the 2015 Micra. I take delivery of the 2017 in a couple weeks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I found the seats in the Note to be quite different to the ones in the Micra SV. I did not like the ones in the Note nor did I like the view out the front. The Micra I did like and bought one.

Thanks
    I drove the Versa Note before driving the Micra and I liked it, but I didn't want a heavier car with the same engine. The extra room would be nice but not enough for me to switch.
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The CVT was a big reason for not choosing the Versa. I liked the extra room in the back seat and trunk but I just couldn't get comfortable behind the wheel. In an earlier post I said I didn't like the versa seats but they are probably the same. However the combination of seating, view and general feeling I got made the Versa a non starter.

The Micra is now 15 months old and I still like it as much as when it was new. 12,000 km and the only thing wrong that I notice is the under car rattle on a cold morning start up. I think it is a heat shield and it stops within a few seconds.

Thanks
    I had a deal going on a note. Almost bought it but I couldn’t get comfortable in the note. The dealer said to try the Micra and I was more comfortable. The note had a lot more kit but about $3k more. I didn’t mind the note and I liked the CVT. Comfort won over and I’m still enjoying the Micra. It is a little more nimble and easier to drive and park over the note. My next car will have more legroom though. Waiting to sit in the new Kicks which looks like a jacked up Micra. Driving downtown Toronto you really come to appreciate these small cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 8.0 L/100 km ... 35.4 mpg (Imp) ... 12.5 km/L ... 29.5 mpg (US) ...