Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: block heater problem (where to pass the cord outside?)

Thanks
    I will have to look tomorrow during day time but I did not see any opening in the bumper except for the 2 grills. I did not see any flap either. Is that inside the bumper from underneat? there is no way to sqeeze my hand through the grills to open any flap and from the engine side, there is no flap that I could see. I am afraid that without a pic, it will be hard to find that flap.

Also there is no way I can squeeze my hand anywhere in there and I have small hands.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I could not see any opening where the cable was originally stored because there is metal all underneat it, metal from the wing, not sure.

I had to pass the cable on the other side of the battery and passed the cable in the opening between the radiator and the battery, right in front of the fan. then I pulled it underneat the radiator, on the side of it and through the plastic flap and to the grill. I made sure the cable was far enough from the fan and would not be cought by it.

And for tying it to the grill, I used electrical tape instead of the clip, so that way it won't damage the plastic of the front grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnskers View Post
    Yes, right next to where the cable was originally stored. If you look straight down you see an opening. you need to send the cable to the bottom. Now on the bumper did you see the opening next to the flap i was talking about? If you pass it from underneath you'll never get it back in.
    At this point you need to reach your hand under the car where the cable is and send it straight forward towards the flap. you probably won't get it all the way like this so there is another opening closer to the front just big enough to put your hand in. A little dexterity is required.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dani3d For This Useful Post:

Wynter (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    I successfully did this today. If anyone in the GTA needs help, lemme know, I'd be glad to assist.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stever For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-05-2016)